Configuration won't load, plugin still working (1 Viewer)

SmoothGalant2

January 2, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am having an issue with the Moving Pictures Configuration. When I open it, the splash screen comes up and it seems to load and the program opens to the task bar. If you mouse over the taskbar the program preview seems to be working, bar is moving while it is doing updating the database. However I can't get the program to pop up so I can see it or do anything with it. The movingpictures.log file says the database it opening and checks integerty and it doesn't seem to show any issues and
The plug in in Media Portal is working fine and I added a new movie my current folders and it found it and downloaded the cover art and all is well. I can also get to the import section through Media portal and make changes there.

The only problem is that the configuration window will not open and allow me to make any changes.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Does it work when you use MediaPortal config -> Plugins -> MovPic?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Then you should now have a moving-pictures-config,log file that should help us explain what exactly is causing the problem.

It might however be that the problem is caused elsewhere, so it is usually a good idea to provide all log files, and use the MediaPortal official method to supply debug enabled logs.

In most cases the cause is a corrupted database, and you will save a lot of time by just deleting the one you got, and starting over.

SmoothGalant2

January 2, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I don't mind so much starting over. However if I delete the database file will it make me download the cover art again, I am on a metered connection with almost 1000 movies and would hate to have to download all that cover art and fan art again. Can I just delete the .Db3 file and then it will recreate next time I open? I have already tried to uninstall the plugin and reinstalled it and still have the same issue.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    If you actually start providing log files, then proper assistance can be provided, it's too big of a haystack right now, and I don't even know what needle to look for.

Miocardio

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Same problem i have win 10. The plug in start and in a image on task bar i see in Preview that the green bar move, but stop over 50%. I think someone in read hd.[DOUBLEPOST=1452118461][/DOUBLEPOST]I think solved. The issue i think on this upgrade - Improved configuration UI such that it can be seen in task-bar when open, maximise and minimise button also added.
    Open configuration, open taskmgr , search moving pictures configuration and "enlarge" with right mouse button.
    I have restar configuration and now work.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom