Configure MediaPortal to Play Video Files with Subs AND Video Files without Subs (1 Viewer)

tgxiii

Portal Pro
November 17, 2008
I am having problems configuring MediaPortal to have the ability to play both video files with soft-subs and video files without subs.

Going into the Movies portion of the Configuration, under Subtitles tab, I have the "Show subtitles" option checked. This does not display the subs.

I tried adding DirectVobSub into the Activated filters under Movies Post Processing, and although this displayed the soft subs, MediaPortal can no longer play video files without soft-subs.

I don't want to have to keep changing the configuration each time I want to switch from a video file with soft-subs to a video file without soft-subs, so how do I configure MediaPortal so that it's able to play both?

tgxiii

Portal Pro
November 17, 2008
Everything I could find on my own says that DirectVobSub needs to be activated in order to display subs. But like I mentioned above, doing this causes MediaPortal to not play video files without subtitles in them.

carmenm

Portal Pro
April 15, 2008
Home Country
France France
Personnaly i have no problems with any videos file, subtitles being embedded, external, or just no present. I do not use MP for that, i only use FFDshow and it works like a charm! You even can turn it on and off from your remote control.

damaster

Portal Pro
November 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Are you using Haali Media Splitter? If so, go to it's configuration and tell it to "Autoload VsFilter". Then remove the DirectVobSub filter from your post-processing options in MediaPortal Configuration -> Movies.

Keep in mind though that using subtitles breaks hardware acceleration if you are currently doing any GPU hardware acceleration.

tgxiii

Portal Pro
November 17, 2008
damaster: Yes, Haali is installed and configured to auto load VSFilter. Still no luck... =(

carmenm: I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Do you mean that you're using FFDshow to display the subtitles?

Statick

Portal Pro
December 25, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
i have also experienced this problem. enabling directsubvob subtitles means i can only play videos that have a suitable SRT file, attempting to play a video which doesn't, fails. this happens even if i have subtitles turned off (with the plugin running, so i could turn them on with my remote).

any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom