Configure WebEPG for use with TVServer.

Discussion in 'Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server)' started by codemann, December 26, 2007.

1. codemann

codemann Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0-SVN-18.12.2007- 0:55:28,31-Build 16660

(2007-12-18)
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
    Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
    .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
    DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
    Audio Codec: MPA Decoder Filter
    Video Codec: MPV Decoder Filter
    CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 2.60GHz
    Memory: 1 GB
    Motherboard: Abit IS7 (Intel i865-ICH5)
    TV Card Model: Hauppauge PVR-350
    TV Card Type: Hardware
    TV Card Driver: -
    Video Card Model: GeForce FX 5200
    Video Card Driver: ForceWare Release 163.75
    Video Card Resolution: 1024×768
    Video Render Type: -
    Audio Card Model: ProDigy 192
    Audio Card Driver: -
    Synopsis:: -

Using WebEPG I'm trying to get the XmlTv feature working. I've run the WebEPG-conf.exe, added the first two channels (EEN and VTM in my case), attached the correct Grabber information to it, saved this, and quit the WebEPG Config.
    I ran the WebEPG.exe and noticed that the TVguide.xml was created in C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv.

In the TV Server management console I first went to Plugins and activated XmlTV there. Then I went to Plugins > XmlTV, changed the folder to the one I just said.

It didn't work immediately, but now I see a report at the bottom, that he imported 2 channels. However, I don't see the info yet when I watch TV. When I try a manual import I see this in error.log :

Code (Text):
    1. 2007-12-26 13:10:06.171875 [1]: plugin:xmltv import failed
    2. 2007-12-26 13:10:06.171875 [1]: Exception   :System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv\tvguide.lst'.
    3. File name: 'C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv\tvguide.lst'
    4.    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    5.    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
    6.    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    7.    at TvEngine.XmlTvImporter.ThreadFunctionImportTVGuide(Object aparam)
    8. 2007-12-26 13:10:06.171875 [1]: Exception   :Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv\tvguide.lst'.
    9. 2007-12-26 13:10:06.171875 [1]:   site      :Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
    10. 2007-12-26 13:10:06.187500 [1]:   source    :mscorlib
    11. 2007-12-26 13:10:06.187500 [1]:   stacktrace:   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    12.    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
    13.    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    14.    at TvEngine.XmlTvImporter.ThreadFunctionImportTVGuide(Object aparam)
    In the tab "Mappings" I don't see any info either and I can't fix this either cause I keep getting the same error that tvguide.lst doesn't exist. What to do?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. steven83

steven83 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Disable the "Import files in new tvguide.lst" in the XmlTv Plugin of the TvServer, then it should work.

4. codemann

codemann Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    Steven... You are my hero of the day, thank you very much for your quick reply, it's working now!

5. tomeliten4

tomeliten4 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    I cant import channel data from tvserver how come? the import button is gray whene i select the TV server in WebEPG-conf.exe

6. mazou

mazou Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    France France
    Hi,
    +1

7. James
    • Team MediaPortal

James Retired Team Member

Engineer
    Ratings:
    +67 / 0
    Sorry, that option is not available yet. I should have put a pop-up or something in there to say so. Someone offered to write this support so I put the option into the config program to show them where to put the code, but it never happened.

I can remove this option if it is confusing people.

8. mazou

mazou Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    France France
    How could i import channel name in webepg ?

9. pirlone

pirlone Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Home Country:
    Croatia Croatia
    i guess you should manually add channel name

rgs,
    pirlone

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!