Configuring BasicHome (1 Viewer)

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I would like to know how I can change or configure the BasicHome screen. I tried the tool for Aeon, to make a CUstom BasicHome, but I have absolutely no idea.

And right now, there are some things on there that I cannot use at all. As an Example, the Shutdown menu, is useless, because it is not possbile to acutally shutdown the PC - only close MP and return to the desktop.

I remember you said you had another project, so you didn't have time right now for menu edits, but perhaps there is someone else out there who knows how to do this?
:D

bkam

Portal Member
March 20, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Darre have found what changes need to be in the aeon generator for it work with mattsk88 skins.
jburnette have got the files with the changes about 1-2week ago, but i guess hes tied up with other fun
things :)

bkam

Portal Member
March 20, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
hmm have i missed someting ? we are talking about getting the Aeon Menu Generator to work with mattsk88 Titanium skin.

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
There is no menu generator for this skin yet. I've made a mod, a basichome that looks very much like the one in aeon. I've sent the necceseary xml code to matsk88 so he could modify the aeon menu generator to handle my basichome mod. He's been busy with other stuff lately tho, so we just have to wait.

As for the normal titanium basichome, I don't know if there will ever be a menu generator for it. It would have to be completely rewritten.

bkam

Portal Member
March 20, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Darre ,why would that generator work , becuse when i trired the aeon home basic in titanium it work out of the box. The only problem i get when i am using the generator is that the fan art is on top and the meny is on the back so the only thing i see is the fanart picture.But i can start things from the basic so its working (hope you understand what an talking about :) )

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
It will "work", in the sence that it creates an invisible menu that has the menu items in it. It will not display anything correctly tho. All textures for the menu and clock are wrong, and so are the placement of the clock, rssfeed and weather stuff.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
ACtually, what I wanted was to keep the look of the Titanium menu (cause I like it) and just being able to change what items are in the menu and the submenu's. Because right now, there is a lot of things I don't use and some things that I really need, which isn't there.
Is the only way to dig into the XML code and do it manually? Or beg Matt to make me a custom one?

I love the way the menu looks, with the submenus so I don't have to have a long list or navigate away from the BasicHome to get to all of my plugins, but right now it's not entirely usable.

My girlfriend keeps asking me why she has to press the green button (to go to the normal Home menu) before she can get the HTPC to hibernate...

bishopy2j

Portal Pro
March 29, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
with configuring the BasicHome, does Moving Pictures point to ANT Movie DB (like MyFilms). Or is it a seperate entity like Videos? How does Moving Pictures work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom