Configuring MCE to emulate "Alt-F4" or Close window (1 Viewer)

joeman

September 7, 2006
Hello All
Just installed mediaportal, nice software.
I used myHome and launch KTV software in full screen mode from mediaportal main menu.
I would like to be able to close KTV directly from my windows media center remote control, unfortunately I cannot succeed in configuring the remote mapping.
I ve tried different ways none works...

Media setup -> Remote -> Mapping

I would like to be able to emulate "Alt-F4" keyboard shortcut (or any other way to close the active window) from the remote control teletext red key, I ve tried the following :

Microsoft MCE mapping -> Teletext specific button -> Red -> All layers -> No condition -> End does not work

Microsoft MCE mapping -> Teletext specific button -> Red -> All layers -> No condition -> Exit does not work (it exits from MP, not from KTV)

Microsoft MCE mapping -> Teletext specific button -> Red -> All layers -> No condition -> Close process.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
J

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
That's not possible. If you want to control non-MP processes, you need a remote control software like Girder or HIP. You'll lose native MP support if you do so.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
You will lose native MediaPortal support, but of course you will be able to simply map buttons on the MCE remote to the keyboard shortcuts for MediaPortal.

joeman

September 7, 2006
So I should be able to fully control mediaportal through HIP and add my special red teletext button to emulate windows close ?
Are the keyboard shortcuts of mediaportal completely controling the navigation ?
What will I loose if I use HIP instead of native mediaportal remote ?
Thanks

joeman

September 7, 2006
Thanks for the links !

It seems there is no way to shutdown the system from the shortcuts keyboard ...
so I will not be able to shutdown from the remote if using HIP ?

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom