Conflict Warning (1 Viewer)

shred444

Portal Pro
May 13, 2006
Last update:
1.16.07 - Bavarian has implemented this into the latest SVN build. Please test it out and report any errors in this thread.
1.5.06 - Changed the format of the thread to make it the MediaPortal Forums Standard.
12.13.06 - Thread Started

Summary:
Popup Notification of recording conflict

Area:
My TV / My Recordings / My Scheduled

Description:
I set up weekly recordings on pretty much every day of the week. I have a dual tuner, and sometimes shows overlap, which is fine.

My roomates sometimes decide to record something right when they see it in the tv-guide. They click record, and never check to see if there is a (!) in the red record circle. This ends up conflicting with my original recordings, and I end up shaving their eyebrows when they sleep.

I would like to see a window pop up when you hit record IF a conflict is going to occur. Then it could prompt you with the following choices:

< There is a Conflict >
1) Dont Record
2) Stop Recording 1 (Lost 9-10)
3) Stop Recording 2 (Scrubs 9-9:30)

Any reason why this cant be done?

shred444

Portal Pro
May 13, 2006
im pressing more and more for this. Mainly because as this happens more frequently, i'm afraid i will commit evil wrongdoings towards my roomates. anyone else agree?

Jetboy

Portal Pro
April 15, 2005
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
This is a good idea. If it's too complicated maybe a quicker fix would be a popup saying "There is a recording conflict" and a button that sends you to the conflict screen?

shred444

Portal Pro
May 13, 2006
ah yes, that could be a quick fix.

but even the conflict screen doesnt tell you why there is a conflict. it just shows the recordings with (!) next to them

cowpie

Portal Member
October 6, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
It also does the following, although I suppose MP already does this by showing a conflict icon anyways.

BB_RecSer08.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom