Conflictsmanager doesn't work. (1 Viewer)

jordnära

Portal Member
October 4, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC3
MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC3
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type: AMD Sempron 1.8ghz
HDD: Samsung 200+80GB
Memory: 512MB DDR
Motherboard: MSI
Video Card: Nvidia
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: PVR150MCE
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: MSI DVB-T dongle
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card: NOVA-T
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

There's no warning when you schedule a recording that's in conflict with a current recording. I have tried the different settings in conflictsmanager and also done a fresh install but the problem persisted.

Hope there's something I've missed since it's a nice feature to have.

Thanks for an otherwise great software!

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I have no idea how to solve your problem, but I can give you an alternate solution that is working.
There is a "plugin" called "For The Record". This is a standalone rule-based scheduler. It will replace MP as the scheduler for recording TV and it will also replace the MP TV-GUI.

I have found the conflict management very good, a lot better than the built-in scheduler even when it is working. It is very easy to resolve conflicts.
The rule based recording schedules are also far superior to MP. There are a lot of possibilities to set different kind of recording schedules.
Link to Thread in MP forum
Link to official site

I really love MP and what the developers have done with it, but it's still in feature freeze, and there are some very basic things that I really feel like I need for it to be perfect. TV-wise, For The Record fulfills alot of these needs. Of course, they have a team of 2-3 persons (Actually, I am not sure how many they are) working just on the scheduler, so of course it is possible to give it more attention than the MP dev Team has right now.

As said, this doesn't solve your problem at all, but it does give you another option, should you not get the Conflictsmanager to work to your liking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom