Confused and Frustrated...Burning a DVD (1 Viewer)

LawnGOD

Portal Member
October 23, 2005
Earth
Let me start by saying that I think MP is a wonderful app and all the great folks working on it are doing a great job in its production and support.
I have installed the 0.2.0RC1 release and using the PRV150MCE card and remote can get it to do TV, Music, Movies, Weather (I like the weather feature very much) and most everything else without much problem.
My confusion and frustration lay in the use of .MPG files within MP. More specifically, I would like to be able to burn shows and movies that I caputure w/ MP onto DVD. I would like to do this with only a remote. It would appear that this is not a very lofty goal as there are many apps out there that I can make work with MP to do this. My confusion comes with why MP only records shows in .dvr-ms format. I understand you can convert (strip away) this into .MPG format and I understand this differences between the 2 formats. But I have not yet found an app that will "consistantly" convert these files..(some get half way in the conversion and "hang" or "crash".) Even when I get a good MPG files, then the "other" app to convert into DVD format has to be integrated into MP. Ontop of all this, dont even get me started on clipping out commercials (yes, I know about comskip)....

I am an IT proffesional myself and I understand the work that has to go into these types of things. It just seems to me that burning a DVD of something I captured "should" be a bit simpler. Maybe I am missing something or have overlooked something else.

I have been wrong before, and will prob. be wrong again at some future time. But any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time and your wonderful product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom