Connecting Mediaportal to XBMC (1 Viewer)

erehwon6811

Portal Member
January 24, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I picked up an xbox for $20 and just finished softmodding it with xbox media center. I haven't really seen a good answer on getting them to work together. Is it possible? I thought I remembered seeing a plugin once.

If I can't get them to work together, is there a way to force mediaportal to automatically convert dvr-ms files to something that xbmc can play? I really like mediaportal and I don't want to have to go to something else. The dvr-ms format is the only complaint I've had with mediaportal.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    DVR-MS was the main reason I switched to TV Engine 3. You should consider it too as TVE3 is getting most of the development effort and is quite reliable these days.

I just share the folders over the network so XBMC can access my recorded tv, music, and pictures. But I am eagerly waiting the day that XBMC will be able to play Live TV from the TV Server... eagerly ... waiting ... god I hope it happens :)

Hope that helps,

erehwon6811

Portal Member
    January 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks for telling me about that TVengine. Unfortunately, it really isn't working that well for me. It's been causing mediaportal to be slow and lockup at times. It also takes more resources than I like with the TVservice, mediaportal, and microsoft sql server running. I'm doing all the recording on main computer right now, so the software needs to be a little more stable. I guess it might be better if I had another computer to use as a recording server.

So are there any other ways around the dvr-ms problem? And, is there a way to control the recording on mediaportal from xbmc? No one answered that question?

doublej

Portal Member
    June 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Have you seen Tversity.com ?

Works well with my 360. The development is good and active and while I haven't actually achieved streaming live stuff to the 360 - its supposed to do it.

JJ

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    We're talking XBox 1, but thanks for that cos I know people are interested in this for 360.

Cheers,

erehwon6811

Portal Member
    January 24, 2007
    Home Country
    I updated xbmc to the latest svn version and that solved my dvr-ms problem. I can play those files now in xbmc. It's too bad there isn't a way to use xbmc as a frontend for mediaportal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom