Connenting external STB to HTPC...

Discussion in 'Codecs, External Players' started by dominique, October 22, 2007.

1. dominique

dominique Portal Pro

IT
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Cameroon Cameroon
    Hi,

I have HTPC and media portal, and before few days I connecet exsternal STB to my HTPC. Everything works fine. I use blasting system for controling STB. But only "problem" is quality of picture. I must use component cable (red and white) while STB has only this otuput, and scart. I connect this component cable to my Hauppage PVR150 and capture signal from STB. Picuture is ok, but can be better I'm sure. What I can do about this? Something inside codec? Something inside STB? Or maybe inside LCD?.. I'm sure that something can improve qualty of picture.. Please help? Thank you

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Spragleknas
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

Spragleknas Administrator

Occupied
    Ratings:
    +1,892 / 12
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Show System Specs
    1. Are you sure that the SCART can not output s-video
    2. Tried nVidia PV codecs?
    3. Increase bitrate. You can use the "Quality control" in setup .> TV-card (TVE2 - for TVE3 you have to fiddle with registry or GraphEdit.

Good luck!

4. dominique

dominique Portal Pro

IT
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Cameroon Cameroon
    1. I'm not sure what you mean about 1. answer. I have scart output on Humax STB. If I connect scart on Humax STB i must convert this to S-vidio and connect to Hauppage PVR150. I'm not sure is this better solution than connection via composit cable (yelow chinc).. In first post I make error. I write that I use component cable , but i use composite cable . (yelow color). Sound goes via red and white cable.

I know that I have something like S-video , RGB ... etc . in menus in Humax STB, but I dont know what this mean. I see only Scart and composit output on STB.

2. I try Nvide pure video codec, but result is same like with ffdshow.
    3. i'm not sure how to do this. I will try when I go home. Now im not sure where is "Quality control", but I will find.
    Than you,

5. Spragleknas
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

Occupied
    Ratings:
    +1,892 / 12
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Show System Specs
    Remember that SCART us only a connectio type- not a signal type(like s-video, RGB etc).

You might be able to set your STB to send s-video signals using the SCART connection. This is by far superior to compositt.

6. dominique

dominique Portal Pro

IT
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Cameroon Cameroon
    I buy ScCART to S-VIDEO cable and setup STB to sent S-video signal, and now I'm very happy. Picture is excelent. Much better then composit. Thank you all.

7. Spragleknas
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

Occupied
    Ratings:
    +1,892 / 12
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Show System Specs

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!