control over stb in tve0.3 (1 Viewer)

matis1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2005
    Austria /Europe
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i read threads over threads searching for a howto control my stb in tv0.3.
    i think this is not an uncommon setup, but there is nothing in the manual, nothing in the wiki and no thread which describes the way to do it in a clear manner.

next question is how you guys are controlling your stb actually (is there any working setup out there???)

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The answer to that is yes, I control 2 Sky STB's via Tv3 using TV3ExtChannelChanger (a version of MCEReplacement Plugin for Tv3) and a USB device called SkyControl that controls the STB's via the RF2 connection on them.

Mine is not the most common setup, this would be mostly via IR blasting but from reading here there are a few setups like this.

Some more information about your equipmenst you are trying to control would help.

andyd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Dude,

Check out And-81's IR Server suite. IT is the best method for controling STB's via IR blasting if thats the way you want to control your STB's.

The main forum is:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mce_replacement_plugin-f165.html

Send And-81 a polite PM asking him to include you in the test IR server suite then post any questions etc in controlling it or setup in that thread for IR server suite.

Andy

i read threads over threads searching for a howto control my stb in tv0.3.
    i think this is not an uncommon setup, but there is nothing in the manual, nothing in the wiki and no thread which describes the way to do it in a clear manner.

next question is how you guys are controlling your stb actually (is there any working setup out there???)

matis1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2005
    Austria /Europe
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    andyd: i tried so about three days ago but didnt recieve any answer... as far as i understood and-81 he didnt implement support for my usbuirt up to now.

i think it is rather humorous to propose a new tv engine without an integral possibility for adressing stb over various ir blasters ( at least the ones that were supported in 0.2.......imho at least

andyd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmmm, ok I understand the logic, but most developers are not using analog cards with STB's so I guess it was never a high priority. Also the new TV engine will provide much that the previous engine doesnt... Plus usburit support is coming from what i understand...

@andyd: i tried so about three days ago but didnt recieve any answer... as far as i understood and-81 he didnt implement support for my usbuirt up to now.

i think it is rather humorous to propose a new tv engine without an integral possibility for adressing stb over various ir blasters ( at least the ones that were supported in 0.2.......imho at least

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    i tried so about three days ago but didnt recieve any answer... as far as i understood and-81 he didnt implement support for my usbuirt up to now.

What do you mean?

If you want to try out IR Server Suite then send me a Private Message with your email address, you haven't done that yet.

It has support for USB-UIRT. But, I am also working on a separate plugin for the TV Server that just does USB-UIRT blasting and will announce that when it's ready.

Cheers,

matis1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2005
    Austria /Europe
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    and-81

i did send you a private message but recieved no answer - but never mind, i can send you my message again.
    maybe you could give me an estimation on the timescale of usbuirt implementation? will it be weeks, months or something else... just to help me with the decision to wait for it or go for your IR Server Suite...

thanks for your work for mp and me ;o)

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    That's very strange, because I don't have a PM from you ... It must have got lost in the mail ...

Anyway, feel free to send another, but if you'd rather wait I should have a separate USB-UIRT blaster plugin in the next few days.

Cheers,

ronsonol

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2007
    Kingston
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Aaron,

any updates on the usb-uirt plugin for tv server 3?

Many thanks.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It's part of the IR Server Suite that I'm currently testing, but I've got a USB-UIRT only version of the TV3 blaster half-finished. So you choose, do you want to try IR Server Suite (which I know works), or do you want to try the USB-UIRT only TV3 blaster (which I can't really test because I don't use an STB) ?

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom