Home Country
Sweden Sweden
TV-Server Version: 0.3
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0
MediaPortal Skin: B2 wide
Windows Version: Vista
CPU Type: Core2Duo E6750 @ 3,3 GHz
HDD: Samsung 320 + 500 GB
Memory: 2048 MB (2x1024) (Crucial BallistiX PC8500)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R
Motherboard Chipset: Intel G33
Motherboard Bios: -
Video Card: Club3D Radeon HD3870 512MB
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: FloppyDTV DVB-T
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: FloppyDTV DVB-T
2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD 7
MPEG2 Audio Codec: PowerDVD 7
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Boxer
HTPC Case: Antec Fusion
Cooling: Schyte Ninja Mini
Power Supply: Corsair HX520
Remote: Microsoft MCE
TV: Samsung R87 40"
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I have a problem with the sound volume... it's the vista volume control that not working as it should =/

is there some way to just control the MASTER volume in the volume control? NOT the independent control for MP

olafett

Portal Member
December 22, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Same problem here, I don't know if KoktGrus solved the problem. But Mediaportal does not control the master volume in vista, it only controls its own volume which is far from optimal when switching between Mediaportal and Windows Explorer.

Is there any solution to this problem?

Mediaportal version is 1.0 and running Vista x64.

Mandryka

Portal Member
March 25, 2007
I'm having the same problem here, running MP 1.0 on Vista x32.

In addition, the whole 'last volume level' section in config is greyed out and MP always starts with maximal output level, which is kind of annoying and significantly reduces the WAF.

Could perhaps someone clarify whether it is a bug/feature in MP 1.0 NOT being able to control the master volume or ... well ... it's just me having screwed something up ;-)

olafett

Portal Member
December 22, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I guess you could call it a bug, or it might be more correct adressing the error as a misadaption. This is how Vista is supposed to be handling the volume for different applications. What should be done is rerouting the commands from mediaportal to windows to control the master volume. the only problem is that I have no idea how to do this.

Jorisdp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have the same problem under vista x86

Is there anyone else who might have a creative solution?

olafett

Portal Member
    December 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have the same problem under vista x86

Is there anyone else who might have a creative solution?

Download a separate Volume OSD like 3RVX and map your remote buttons through this one to change the volume.

You can also have a go with running MediaPortal in compability mode for Windows XP SP2, turned out to be working for me on Vista x64. This, by some weird reason, causes the remote volume buttons to go to Windows instead of mediaportal. the only thing bad with using this method is that the default Volume OSD for mediaportal will not be displayed. To fix this problem, use 3RVX or something similar as written above.

hope this helps, sure did the trick with my PC. :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Tried this with version 2.5, remote now uses 3RVX in mediaportal and controls the master volume nicely, unlike MP atm, so this is a very good workaround.

Quick tutorial, download and install 3RVX, this will put a icon directly into the start menu, double click to activate, icon now appears in systray.
    Configuration is simple, right click on systray icon and select settings, now under general tab enable the run at windows startup, I have left the rest at default under this tab.

sshot-3.jpg

Display tab will allow you to choose whether you want to see 3RVX volume control in MP, if you do, untick the "hide when other programs fullscreen"

sshot-4.jpg

Now configuring your remote, i just wanted to use the volume+ and volume- MS MCE remote defaults, so that is what I inputted in Hotkey Setup tab, so it looks like this once done, I deleted unwanted.

sshot-1.jpg

Input screen looks like this, select function you want, then click on the empty box and press the remote key you want to be mapped.

sshot-2.jpg

All done, so thanks to olafett for the idea :)

:D

View attachment 3RVX_2.5.zip

olafett

Portal Member
    December 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Glad I could help :D

It's worth mentioning that there are a number of skins available for 3RVX and it's easy to make new ones if the default skins don't fit with your mediaportal skin.

Jorisdp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Many, many thanks :D

This is really a good solution!

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey thanks guys this has bugged me for ages. WAF one step close to achieved!!!
    It was really simple to install - thanks Delusion for taking the time to put in down so clearly!
    Regards

Neville

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom