Controlling MediaPortal via keyboard (1 Viewer)

Figapu

October 11, 2005
Hi,

I'm using MediaPortal 0.1.3.0 with WindowsXP on a Duron 1300.
Everything worked fine until I installed the deamontools. After installing and rebooting my machine the keyboard wont work with MediaPortal anymore but with all other programs.

I didn't changed the config except the deamontools options. So why can't I controll Mediaportal with my keyboard anymore?

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

that is really strange. Please use our support template and have a look into the logs (MP/logs/mediaportal.log). Post necessary parts.

Flip

Ogadai

Portal Member
    October 20, 2005
    I have the same problem, except I haven't installed deamontools.

Everything had been working fine. The only things I remember doing between when it was working, and when it wasn't are some changes to the channel listing (sorting and setting external tuner numbers). I also had a look at the keyboard shortcuts section of the setup program, but I didn't change anything there. I may have looked at the deamontools section, but I didn't change anything there either.

The keyboard is definitely working - Alt+Enter switches between windowed and full screen, and in windowed mode the Alt key gives access to the File menu as it should. However, Media Portal itself completely ignores all key presses. This also affects my ATI Remote, since that works by simulating key presses.

It's almost like I've inadvertently flicked a switch which says "don't use keyboard", or else maybe the keyboard mapping has become corrupted somehow...

My config follows, though as I've explained, none of this changed since it was working:

Area: Media Portal Program
    MP Version: 0.1.3.0
    Skin: Standard
    Windows Version: XP Home SP2
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon 2500+
    Memory: 512Mb
    Motherboard Chipset: nForce2
    Video Card: ATI 9000
    Video Card Driver: Latest AMD
    Video Card Resolution: 800*600 (TV output only)
    TV Card: Hauppauge PVR 150 MCE
    TV Card Type: hardware
    TV Card Driver: Latest from Hauppauge

I'm at work, so I can't get hold of the log file until later.
    I'd appreciate any help on this - I'd almost got Media Portal setup the way I wanted it, and everything was looking great, but now it's barely useable!

Cheers,

Ogadai

Ogadai

Portal Member
    October 20, 2005
    I've found a fix for this problem...

I noticed from the mediaportal.log file that MP loads keymap.xml during startup.
    I checked keymap.xml and discovered it was empty (well, there were top-level xml nodes, but no actual keys).

After copying a good version of keymap.xml back in, everything is fine again.

I guess there is a bug that causes MP to clear the file. I don't suppose anyone knows if that's been fixed for the CVS builds?

Ogadai

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom