Controlling subtitles within MP (srt/sub/idx) (1 Viewer)

Cinetix

Portal Member
May 8, 2006
Hi!

I've searched the forums and the wiki but havn't found a solution that works for me.

Could somebody please make a guide?

VobSubs and Matroska Splitter are installed.

Nyll

Portal Pro
May 18, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi

I got a similar problem. I have installed ffdshow and vobsub but it's only working when I play a mpeg file with .srt or .sub subtitles in Windows Media Player. When I play the files inside MP (MyVideos) there are no subtitles???

Subtitles are enabled in the configuration menu.

/Nyll

Nyll

Portal Pro
May 18, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Does anyone know if it's a bug, that it's not possible to show subtitles, when playing movie-files in MyVideo??

Please help.

/Nyll

Nyll

Portal Pro
May 18, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
What is your setup?

I have ffdshow installed and also the matroska splitter. I have enabled the subtitles in the config menu.

If I play a mpg-movie file outside MP in Windows Media Player the subtitles works fine. Inside MP the internal player won't show the subtitles.

I use the MPV codec.

What am I doing wrong?

/Nyll

keith2045

Portal Pro
February 16, 2006
Missouri
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm having the same problem. (Well i was, pretty sure i still am; had to reinstall xp).I have vobsub installed, and cant turn off the subtitles in mp .

Nyll

Portal Pro
May 18, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
keith2045:

You can't turn off the subtitles in MP and I can't turn them on? What is your setup and what codecs are you using?

/Nyll

keith2045

Portal Pro
February 16, 2006
Missouri
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
What is your setup?

I have ffdshow installed and also the matroska splitter. I have enabled the subtitles in the config menu.

If I play a mpg-movie file outside MP in Windows Media Player the subtitles works fine. Inside MP the internal player won't show the subtitles.

I use the MPV codec.

What am I doing wrong?

/Nyll

A few days ago i installed matroska splitter and my subtitles stopped working. Try uninstalling that. I would uninstall it myself but I spend an hour reinstalling XP myself (hint don’t ever install minilogon :( )

Nyll

Portal Pro
May 18, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I have now unistalled Matroska Splitter but still no subtitles inside MP

When I play my mpg movies outside MP, DirectVobSub starts when I play the files in Windows Media Player. The result = subtitles are showed

Any idea what's wrong?

/Nyll

Nyll

Portal Pro
May 18, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Well now it's working. I have reinstalled ffdshow and now it's showing subtitles inside MP.

Why are codecs and filters always causing so many problems?!?!?

/Nyll

Users who are viewing this thread