Convert .ts to mpg? (1 Viewer)

henrik4223

Portal Pro
May 7, 2007
Does anyone know how to convert .ts files to mpg files?

I need the .ts format for subtitles but the mgp to external players (handheld).

Maybe a plugin to MP or a seperate (free) program...

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Does anyone know of a free way to convert .ts to .mpeg.
i tried HDTVtoMPEG2 and ended up with bad audio video sync problems

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Not sure whether it may meet your needs, but video editor can trim the files (cut out adverts) and something like MCEBuddy can convert them to a compressed format, ie h.264, but you will need ffdshow set for audio codec, as the AAC stream created seems to be peculiar to that codec, quality is superb :).

For conversion to DVD, have found Windows Movie Maker also works with ts files, althought not as good\easy as commercial software like tmpgenc express 4.

ps. Ambass has fixed Video Editor, so in the next MP1.0.2 release it should work correctly (for people who had problems) with mpeg2\ts files.

pegial

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2006
    Valencia (Spain)
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Attachments

• IFrames.rar
      30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player app does not support the file type. So I installed VLC. VLC does read the ts files but the TV's remote does not allow to control basic VLC functions like FF or FR or pause etc... Tried 1-2 other apps, even...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Replies
    Views
    Yes. I've just this minute found the cause of the problem; though I haven't found the exact line of configuration that caused it. I am using a centrally configured system, meaning that some configuration files are stored centrally and are not overridden when installing new versions. It would seem that 1.31 had a change in...
    Yes. I've just this minute found the cause of the problem; though I haven't found the exact line of configuration that caused it...
    Since I installed 1.31 .wtv files display in the top left-hand quadrant of the screen instead of the whole screen. Is this a known...
    Replies
    Views
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    I have MediaPortal 2.5 Server installed on one computer and Mediaportal 2.5 client on another. The client is connected to the...
    Replies
    Views
    Playing audio cd's keeps stopping at random in the middle of songs. It can happen on the first song or sometimes after a few songs have played. If I press Next, it will start playing the next song. This happens with BASS and Wasapi players. It does not happen if I use Internal dshow player (which doesn't sound as good as either of...
    Playing audio cd's keeps stopping at random in the middle of songs. It can happen on the first song or sometimes after a few songs...
    Playing audio cd's keeps stopping at random in the middle of songs. It can happen on the first song or sometimes after a few songs...
    Replies
    Views
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    Hi, I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start. I see the splash screen, and then it just...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom