Coolreciver 0.9 Mediaportal 1.2.0 Beta (1 Viewer)

Sogg_Nomis

Portal Pro
July 23, 2009
Home Country
I just upgraded to the new Mediaportal 1.2.0 Beta and in the plugins I now have cool receiver listed as an incompatible plugin, I have tried to re-install but there is no change. There has been no new version of this plugin for a while, are there other users with this problem, should affect most leadtek users I would think. Is there a way to fix this issue if the author of the plugin does not update.

I know there was some major changes to the plugin section of mediaportal is there a new way to install this old plugin? Any help would be good as a media center without a remote is not very user friendly.

EDIT: so i should mention it is the old mpi format of plugin and when it goes to use the old installer I get an error message saying it that mediaportal has crashed and windows is looking for a solution that when that disappears it just sits there not doing anything else.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Try this. Dunno if I compile it on last source (source link is from plugin forum). I made some changes to be functional for 120beta. it's without installer, files should be copied (except WFMultRM.exe & WFMultRM.ini) into MP program folder. Good luck.

PS: I never used this plugin, just want to help.

Note from the author (help pages http://coolreciver.sourceforge.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=4&Itemid=15):
    If you would like to run MediaPortal with your remote you need to replace existing WFMultRM.exe (first backup the original file) in "C:\Program Files\WinFast\WFTVFM" (or where you installed Winfast PVR) folder with new WFMultRM.exe that you downloaded. If your WinFast PVR and/or MediaPortal are not in theirs default folders You need to copy the WFMultRM.ini with WFMultRM.exe and then edit paths in the ini file.

Attachments

• Release120B.rar
      340.1 KB

Sogg_Nomis

Portal Pro
    July 23, 2009
    Home Country
    thanks so much that seems to have solved my issue

i copied your files over the existing one in the mediaportal folder in program files folder and then ran the mediaportal config and it had moved the plugin from un-supported to the regular position and i am able to edit the buttons. gave it a quick test and the arrow and channel and volume all seem to work haven't checked all but seems good now.

thanks for the quick response and solution.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Don't worry, I made it compatible by the book so prolly it should work as normal. Good thing that it uses common MP dlls as references so it was easy to do even if it's old.

As long we can find source for old plugins it could be possible to bring them to life again. I will monitor forums for such a cases and will try to help the users so they can enjoy in new versions of MP and their non working abandoned plugins.

Merimarg

Portal Member
    April 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi Deda!

You are the men of the ever men...

What about WinLIRC plugin?

I`m seriously interested.

Thanks!

Merimarg

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    This plugin is really old :) and all links are broken and sources are gone (at least I can't find anything in forums and sourceforgenet).
    Anyway, you have Winlirc support inside MP or try IRSS. :sorry:

Merimarg

Portal Member
    April 11, 2011
    Home Country
    That was quick!

I use WinLirc plugin with MP 1.1.2 and I`m happy with it - works like Lamborghini:cool:but cheapest solution ever.
    Unfortunately in MP1.2 C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process show Incompatible Plugins now.
    Maybe somebody is interested,I atached dll.

Regards
    Merimarg

Merimarg

Portal Member
    April 11, 2011
    Home Country
    HI DEDA!

I get work IRSS but not solution for my,because MP lose focus in my livingroom if somebody move mouse or keypad.
    Winlirc remote never lose focus do on pc whatever you want.
    I found source code and binaris.
    Please help my!

Regards
    Merimarg

Attachments

• WinLIRC+Plugin.zip
      69.7 KB

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Here it is, copy to Plugins/Process. You must have WinLIRC installed to activate and configure this plugin in config, otherwise config will freeze. Good luck.

Attachments

• WinLIRC Plugin120B.rar
      6.7 KB
    • WinLIRC_120BSource.rar
      1.6 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom