CoreAVC is not used in Vista Sp1 (1 Viewer)

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    TV-Server Version:
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0 + one of the latest SVN
    MediaPortal Skin:
    Windows Version: Windows Vista sp1
    h.264 Video Codec: CoreAvc

Hallo!
    I really need help on this one.

OK...i have for a loooong time have problem with MP not using my coreAvc codec when playing MKV videofiles, even if it says so in the configuration. Insted it uses FFDshow to decode.
    I have always thought this was a problem with my MP install after multiple SVN installations.
    SO last week i did a clean install and everything worked as it should and MP used coreavc without problems. But now i installed SP1 (vista) and after this upgrade i have the same problem again. I can play MKV without problems in Media player classic and coreavc is used.

I attach some logs where i startplaying a MKV file and FFDShow is used instead of CoreAvc.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi mirk

If you have disabled in FFDShow Video config\codecs h.264, then CoreAVC should be used for all h.264\VC1 files.

MP4's\AVI's are different, so these will use FFDShow, because CoreAVC does not support them, use gspot to check the actual codec needed, or drop into mkvmerge and it will show the format also.

Remember mkv is just a container, so there can be any format inside.

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have already disable h.264 in FFDShow, but the it is used by MP anyway.
    The ony change between when MP used coreavc and when it dont is that i updated to Sp1, witch make me believe something is handled differently in MP when SP1 is available.

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is it possible to deactivate the predefined codecs in the configuration, so it uses the the defoult codecs like MPC, windwos mediaplayer and other playes does ?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Mirk

I'm on Vista as well and certainly do not see the issue, can you run filmerit (link in sig) and see if you have any errors.

Currently have 4 codecs installed that are capable of decoding h.264, FFDShow (h.264 disabled), CoreAVC, MPC-HC, PDVD8, each one works if I select it under Video, just for you going to re-enable the ffdshow and see if it over rides MP settings :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom