[solved] Could not find the MediaPortal.Common.Logging.ILogger service after upgrading from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3 (1 Viewer)

fstruijs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 20, 2009
    Breda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.2.3

Description
    Hello,

After upgrading MP2 from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3, MP2 client doesn't start anymore. When the MP2 splashscreen appears en box is displayed on the screen with error message: Unhandled exception: Could not find the MediaPortal.Common.Logging.ILogger service.

The strange thing is: when I start MP2 as administrator (right mousebutton, run as administrator), MP2 runs without problems.

The account I use on this Win10 machine however is member of the local administrator group.

I attached the logfiles.

Can you please help me?

Kind regards,
    Frank

Steps to Reproduce:
    Just start MP2, when the splashscreen appears, a dialog box with error Unhandled exception: Could not find the MediaPortal.Common.Logging.ILogger service is displayed on the screen.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2019-12-22-10.12.53.zip
      3 MB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you download 2.2.3 with the IE or Edge? If yes, check the zip's context menu in Explorer and tick the "Allow access" checkbox at the bottom of the file properties. Then extract the zip again and run the installer as repair. You can also uninstall MP2 (your data remain untouched) before running the installer again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom