"could not lock onto channel" when trying to start a scheduled recording after waking up from sleep (1 Viewer)

Nat Mishkin

September 24, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm pretty new to MP. I've got basic live TV all working and now I'm trying to get scheduled recordings to work, including in cases where the PC is in the "sleep" state. The PC is definitely waking up appropriately, but then it's failing to start the recording. Here's a snippet of the TVService.log:

[2015-09-23 19:43:12,743] [Log ] [12 ] [INFO ] - dvb: LockInOnSignal waiting 20ms
[2015-09-23 19:43:12,767] [Log ] [12 ] [INFO ] - dvb: LockInOnSignal waiting 20ms
[2015-09-23 19:43:12,792] [Log ] [12 ] [INFO ] - dvb: LockInOnSignal waiting 20ms
[2015-09-23 19:43:12,816] [Log ] [12 ] [INFO ] - dvb: LockInOnSignal waiting 20ms
[2015-09-23 19:43:12,842] [Log ] [12 ] [INFO ] - dvb: LockInOnSignal waiting 20ms
[2015-09-23 19:43:14,568] [Log ] [12 ] [INFO ] - dvb: LockInOnSignal could not lock onto channel - no signal or bad signal

Nothing got recorded.

After this failure, I opened up the MP UI and turned on the TV to make sure basic live TV is working. It seems like at first it wasn't, but when I changed channels back and forth, it started working. It's like the tuner (or software) is in some sort of funky state after returning from sleep.

Windows 10; Hauppauge WinTV 885 tuner card. Never had this problem when I was using Windows Media Center in the past.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Nat

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Nat :)

Post the full set of log files please if you want us to help you. Ideally use the watchdog tool that we provide with option 3 ("export...") to get a zip file containing all the relevant information.

Nat Mishkin

September 24, 2015
    Home Country
    Post the full set of log files please if you want us to help you. Ideally use the watchdog tool that we provide with option 3 ("export...") to get a zip file containing all the relevant information.

Done and attached here. Thanks.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Perfect, thanks. (y)
    I'm looking at your log files now and will try to respond in the next 15 minutes or so.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, I see what is going on.

You should be able to reproduce the problem easily by:
    1. Open MP.
    2. Go to TV section.
    3. Start TV on one channel.
    4. Stop TV.
    5. Try to start TV on the same channel => FAIL.
    6. Try to start TV on a channel that is carried on a different frequency => OK.

Please try to change your tuner's "preferred network provider" to "ATSC". You can find the preferred network provider setting as follows:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/02_TV_Servers#Edit_Tuner_Settings

If that doesn't help, please change the "preferred network provider" back to "generic" and change "when card enters idle state" to "pause graph".

Nat Mishkin

September 24, 2015
    Home Country
    Please try to change your tuner's "preferred network provider" to "ATSC". You can find the preferred network provider setting as follows:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/02_TV_Servers#Edit_Tuner_Settings

If that doesn't help, please change the "preferred network provider" back to "generic" and change "when card enters idle state" to "pause graph".

I tried both of these but neither helped. Setting the "preferred network provider" to "ATSC" rendered the tuner completely inoperative in live TV mode. The error I got was "Cannot create graph". So I switched back to "generic" and changed the "idle" setting as you recommended. That got live TV working again, but I still have the recording problem ("dvb: LockInOnSignal could not lock onto channel - no signal or bad signal").

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm, please could you post fresh log files so I can check if the problem is the same.

Nat Mishkin

September 24, 2015
    Home Country
    Hmmm, please could you post fresh log files so I can check if the problem is the same.
    New log bundle attached. FYI, in TVService.log the log entries related to my most recent repro of the problem start at timestamp: 2015-09-30 17:52:00,499. (That's the time the PC woke up from sleep to do a recording at 18:00.)

Thanks for your help.

Nat

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom