Could we please get a SHORTCUT plugin (1 Viewer)

Ashtefere

Portal Member
April 27, 2006
Hi all.
I have been scouring the boards for information on how to make an application launch directly from the home menu, and all i can see are flippant replies of "myPrograms will do it"
My programs WONT do it, and it seems like it has been solely designed for having a library of files that are opened by the same program, manipulated by a command line.

We need a plugin that makes a SHORTCUT with the facility for ARGUMENTS on the HOME SCREEN and it must have NO SUBMENUS.

That sounds both clear to understand, and extremely easy to build. I am no a programmer however, im just a skinnner. Could somebody please knock this up? even if its rough, please?

On another note... where the hell did XBMCPC go? the reason i wanted to use it was for the kickass project gotham skin! is that skin still available?

Thanks

-Ash

Ashtefere

Portal Member
April 27, 2006
never mind, i found the PM3 remake.
Still, my original request still stands.

Please, give us a basic shortcut?

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    As long as we are wanting a shortcut plugin, in the configuration allow for choosing of the hover image and name to be shown.

Mike

Ashtefere

Portal Member
    April 27, 2006
    bump

Seriously, this must be an extremely easy to do plugin.
    If this were vb I would have done one myself.
    ok, heres the deal.
    If someone makes this plugin, I will post my script for one click dvd backup (which is what i want to use the plugin for!)
    PLEASE!

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

A plugin can only add one button to the home screen so creating a plugin which adds one button shouldn't be too difficult. However, creating a plugin which allows you to add more buttons to the home screen is currently not possible and would require a change on a different level.

Personally I fail to see the need for starting an application from the Home screen since you can start external programs with My Programs. Read the manual (especially the EXAMPLES section) to find out how to do it. The only thing not possible with My Programs is adding an extra shortcut to the Home screen for a configured program.

Kind regards,
    Michel

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

So you want MP to even fix you lunch as well? :shock: ;)

Kind regards,
    Michel

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    OMFG... So VERY sorry.... Please shoot me!

LAUNCH......

I hope everybody is happy now... Next time I'll sit with a encyclopedia on my lap....

Again; Sorry, great mensa!!!

Fidoboy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2006
    Spain
    LOOOOL :lol: Jokes apart, i also think that a better suport for creating customized shortcuts in MP will be wonderfuel :wink: I think that there are a lot of people interested in launching games and other programs from MP.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I don't suppose the MyScripts can do this? I have never really looked into it, but I thought it was meant to be able to allow you to script something from the menu...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom