Couldn't update because the media is not available (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I have migrated all my files to a new network location (running WHS 2011). I have noticed when opening the config that the movie importer is not running. When I go to my movie manager, all the movies are in red. If I click update mediainfo I get an error message saying the media is not available.

I have the location mapped as a network drive and can sucessfully navigate to it and through the folders there. I can also go through 'Network' find my server, and then navigate through the folders that way. Basically, the network location is online and accessible. However for some reason MP doesn't see it as online? This is the second time I have moved my network location so I have three entries in the movie importer path ..

E:\Movies
    \\Server1\MyPath
    \\Server\My Path

the top two are marked as replaced and as such greyed out. The bottom one is my current path (path is correct and I can navigate to the folder by dropping that link into windows explorer) and is shown in black. The file details for each movie in the movie manager, within the full path section also has the correct path to the movie. One thing I suppose of note is that I am required to login when first accessing these locations. I am logging in manually when my machine boots up, and only once I have access to the locations am I opening MePo config and going to the moving pictures config..

What am I doing wrong thats preventing this from working?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sorry forgot - Mediaportal 1.1.2.0 and Moving Pictures 1.1.5.1328

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Do you have a reason for the protected share folders?

Anonymous shares were easy in Windows XP and before, and slowly got disabled by default in Vista and even more in Windows 7. However it is still possible to get this behaviour back, which is especially useful (sometimes needed) for media shares. You should be able to just add the 'Everyone' group to the share at contributor or owner level, but sometimes this fails and 'anonymous' access has to be added to the 'Everyone' group.

Registry adjustments are needed for this, unless you have Win7 Pro/Ultimate, then you can use the policy editor.

Adding anonymous users to the 'Everyone' group: HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\ -> change "everyoneincludesanonymous" from 0 to 1.

Make Win7 store password hash for certain clients: HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\ -> change "NoLmHash" from 1 to 0.

Alow proper access for users without credentials: HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters -> change "restrictnullsessaccess" from 1 to 0.​

Use at your own risk, but I have done the above many times for users who had one of those settop boxes, MediaGate, WD, Patriot, etc. And it is required for certain Win9x/XP/MacOS/Linux client configurations as well.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for that. I figured out why it suddenly became an issue though (I had it working at one point).. I'd added the folder to the server dashboard and then manually set up some sharing on the movies folder too. Removed the manual entry and it started working again :)

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom