Couple of ideas (2 Viewers)

WsQ

Portal Pro
December 15, 2008
Kangasala
Home Country
Finland Finland
I have been using this plugin actively for a few weeks now and came up with a few ideas. I don't have a clue if these are doable, but here they are anyway.

1. The info button could show the description of the video during playback (as watching tv for example). For most videos that info can be seen when the video is selected from the menu. The remote (hauppauge) behaves oddly on some other ways too.

2. It would be great if plugin could be updated so that the site configurations and own additions wouldn't disappear (maybe this is possible and I just updated in a wrong way).

3. Fast forward works on some videos, put you can't go back to normal speed without video starting from the beginning. Is it possible to fix this?

4. It would be nice if the plugin could mark watched videos (as in Moving pictures for example).

5. It would be cool if you could "subscribe" to some "categories". For example you would get a list of "categories" that have new/unwatched videos (Youtube most viewed today, TVGorge 24 season 5, etc). This would help since the plugin has so many sites and a lot of scrolling is needed to find what you want to watch).

6. Finally. Please start using the new MPEI system.

Anyway. Great work this far. Keep it going!

hioctane

Portal Pro
May 17, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Couple of ideas

I have been using this plugin actively for a few weeks now and came up with a few ideas. I don't have a clue if these are doable, but here they are anyway.

1. The info button could show the description of the video during playback (as watching tv for example). For most videos that info can be seen when the video is selected from the menu. The remote (hauppauge) behaves oddly on some other ways too.

2. It would be great if plugin could be updated so that the site configurations and own additions wouldn't disappear (maybe this is possible and I just updated in a wrong way).

3. Fast forward works on some videos, put you can't go back to normal speed without video starting from the beginning. Is it possible to fix this?

4. It would be nice if the plugin could mark watched videos (as in Moving pictures for example).

5. It would be cool if you could "subscribe" to some "categories". For example you would get a list of "categories" that have new/unwatched videos (Youtube most viewed today, TVGorge 24 season 5, etc). This would help since the plugin has so many sites and a lot of scrolling is needed to find what you want to watch).

6. Finally. Please start using the new MPEI system.

Anyway. Great work this far. Keep it going!

We are working on a new updating module for all Siteutils. This will give us the ability to update most of the SiteUtils without releasing a new version of the plugin. This cost much time because most of the SiteUtils need to be rewritten in a more dynamic way!

"Dynamic" is one of our big goals for the future. We started to build a generic SiteUtil month ago. Today it works well! The goal is to give the users of the forum an easy xml-regex language to implement their own Site. At this point we need to write a good documentation for it, but this costs a mass of time an makes no fun ;)

The basic videocontrols like ff or rwd are a big problem. We use several diffrent video libraries for the our SiteUtils. Some of them use local proxies to convert videostream in a format mediaportal could read. Every videosite has its own flashplayer, with its own protocol that implements the videocontrols. Its a pain in the ass figure them out, it costs time to implement them correctly and maybe 1 month later they use a newer version of the player and we could start all from the beginning. We are improving the playback but keep in mind that this is very complex field. Dont expect to much.

A next cool feature we working on is a integration of Onlinevideos in LiveTV. The goal is to add an overlay in live tv that notifies you that theres a mediathek for this channel and by pressing a button it will open directly the siteutil thats assigned to this channel.

A subscribe feature or a watched feature is possible but im not sure if this is the right way. Well its a nifty feature but it brings a whole bunch of new problems with it. Maybe offbyone could comment this.

Our biggest Problem are the SiteUtils. Updating them costs much time. We are only 3 active developer an Onlinevideos is like an old russian uboat. if you fixed a part anothor one breaks an you spend the whole time on fixing without getting further.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Couple of ideas

Another idea:

Make search easier in long lists of categories (yes, they will come when I've finished the sites from tvgemist).
    F.e. a filter like (I think it was movingpictures) where you create a display filter. At each press of a numeric key add those 3 characters to the filter.
    So if I press 2 then [a|b|c] will be added and if I then press 8 [j|k|l] will be added thus the filter would then be as regex: .*?[a|b|c][j|k|l].*?
    Is this a bit clear?

And a bit wilder:
    See if there is an epg for livestreams now in onlinevideos, and integrate it in mepo

WsQ

Portal Pro
    December 15, 2008
    Kangasala
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I did some testing today and seems like VLC player allows skipping on at least flv. Doesn't work perfectly but it is usable.

Maybe you could allow using VLC player (or any external player) for Online Videos as an option for the default player.

Sabbe

Portal Pro
    January 7, 2007
    Västerås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It is possible to include Youtube Playlists, I've done it myself:
    http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/users/<username>/playlists?v=2
    and maybe the code could be something like this (in PHP I do not know anything else)
    Code:
    if(isset($username))   {   /* The username in the config utility
       ... produce feed and control that something comes back ...
    }
    Playlist must be public for this to work.
    Reference Guide: Data API Protocol - YouTube APIs and Tools - Google Code

and the same thing works with subscriptions:
    http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/users/<username>/subscriptions?v=2
    Reference Guide: Data API Protocol - YouTube APIs and Tools - Google Code

However, this seems to need some coding since the result is not similar to playlist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom