couple of questions - I must be missing something obvious (1 Viewer)

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

Get ready to flame me like a noob!

Am doing a refresh on a lot of my installs and thought I should get up to speed with all the latest plugins.
    Have installed 1.0 release, streamMP skin (with its installer that adds the plugins) then upgrade the movingpictures dll to the latest released version.

Done a scan of my movies folder, assigned the movies, downloaded info, etc...

So far so good, but I get no cover art, just fanart backgrounds.
    Checking in the log I see a lot of

DBMovieInfo]: URL does not point to an image: IMP Awards: 2003 Internet Movie Poster Awards - Winners and Nominees

Do none of the current coverart retrival scripts work?
    Why is there no script listed for themoviedb.org to use it as a source for covers or movie details? I thought this plugin was based on the moviexml site? (the old name for themoviedb.org)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hrmm.. well to begin with there is a stickied thread for this issue:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/moving-pictures-284/cover-art-not-downloading-52089/

But it sounds like you have the old version of the impawards script. Are you sure you are running the latest version of Moving Pictures? StreamedMP is currently distributing an older version that does not properly download cover art. If you upgrade to 0.6.5, your impawards script will automatically be updated and you should be able to retrieve cover art fine.

As for themoviedb.org, yes it is one of our data sources, although in 0.6 only backdrop retrieval is implemented. In 0.7 a full data provider will be included so with that release we will fully support the site, however I would not describe Moving Pictures as a plug-in based on themoviedb.org. We pull data from about half a dozen websites and there is a scripting engine similar to the one in MyVideos that allows for expansion.

EDIT: And as a side note, themoviedb.org is not a renamed moviexml.com. themoviedb.org is a totally new site based on a completely different code base. Some of the data gathered from moviexml.com was imported into the database for themoviedb.org, but most of the seed database came from http://www.omdb.org/movie.

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks, that has sorted me out, tried to chcuk too much stuff on in one go and ended up with version 0.6.4 of your plugin.

Thanks for the info about themovedb.org. Don't get me wrong I thought the old moviexml site was great (when it was up; had a lot of bandwidth issues towards the end); thought this new one was by the same guy who took a port of thetvdb.com code/db structure?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks, that has sorted me out, tried to chcuk too much stuff on in one go and ended up with version 0.6.4 of your plugin.

Thanks for the info about themovedb.org. Don't get me wrong I thought the old moviexml site was great (when it was up; had a lot of bandwidth issues towards the end); thought this new one was by the same guy who took a port of thetvdb.com code/db structure?

Well zag2me ran moviexml.com and he has been involved in themoviedb.org, but it is primarily run by a guy named Travis Bell. He launched the website meligrove.com a while back which was for backdrops only and used moviexml.com as a web service to provide additional info in the web interface. themoviedb.org is also not affliliated with thetvdb.org (besides a similar name, which was on purpose). The code for themoviedb.org is based on omdb.org, heavily modified by Travis. The seed for the database came from the website but, as I mentioend above, was updated with additional info from moviexml.com and meligrove.com.

And good to know ltfearme, thanks for the heads up. i knew you guys had another release coming out soon, just wasn't sure exactly when.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom