Couple of questions if I may (1 Viewer)

BadMrFrosty

Portal Member
July 9, 2009
Prague
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hello,

I have just discovered Media Portal and so far I really like what I see :) I'm hoping someone will take the time to answer a few questions that I have:

1. How scalable is Media Portal, especially the Moving Pictures plugin? The reason I ask is that I started my HTPC adventure with VMC + MyMovies. This became less and less responsive as I added more and more media. I then switched to MediaBrowser (Superb interface) which improved things for a while but failed with things like always complaining about missing shares when my NAS was sleeping. I don't want to migrate all of my library over to Media Portal just to find it unresponsive with very large collections.

2. How can I change the charset that subtitle display uses? When I go into the subtitle config section I can only choose western script. I need eastern european for my Czech subtitles to display correctly.

3. I have TV set up which is fine for SD digital TV. When I try to view a MPEG 4 HD channel (Prima HD in the Czech Republic) I get a strip in the center of the screen which is about 1/5 the width of my TV which shows an extremely zoomed in view of the picture. Then when I try to view any other TV channel, HD or SD it does the same. If I view SD first, its fine. I have tried using different codecs for HD playback but its always the same.

Thanks for your time

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi and welcome!
    1. Very scalable - I've got thousands of music files and hundereds of movies :) The only downside is the time it takes to import them all, but patience IS a virtue ;)
    2. Within the MP config program click videos, then choose the subtitles (cont) tab, bottom right drop box (script)
    3. no idea - :sorry:

BadMrFrosty

Portal Member
    July 9, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Thanks for the reply, looks like I will be spending my weekend importing my library into media portal :)

On the subtitle question, I have no option to change the script, the dropdown contains only western:

attachment.php

Any clues?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
      Untitled.jpg
      141.1 KB

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Hmm... here's mine:
    No idea where your's have disappeared to...

Have a look at your regional settings in the Windows control panel - click the advanced tab and try checking some of the languages there to see if that makes a difference...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom