Couple of questions regarding 0.6.x (1 Viewer)

G.B. Wolf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2007
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there,

I just upgraded the plugin to the latest version and I tried the support for German data.

Now I encountered the following issues:
    * I have all movies with the imdb data. Is there an option I didn't found to rescan all at once? Clicking the funky button for each movie isn't something I reallly wanna do. ;)

* I love that it's handling the original title through alternate titles. Is there the possibility to show that title on the movies' page, too?

* The "sort by" field still holds the english sorting title.

* I reordered the importers so that ofdb is the first. If I click the "refresh movie from internet" button he doesn't use ofdb.

Nevertheless: great work!

Cheers
    G.B. Wolf

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    To reassign everything in your collection via a different provider in the movie manager you should select all the movies in the list on the left (click any movie and press ctrl-a) then click the refresh button. You will want to use the drop down to pick a specific provider because once a movie has been loaded in, if you update details it will use the first provider in the list that it already has gotten details from. This is why you are not seeing OFDb info when you "Refresh Movie Info from Internet" without picking a specific provider from the drop down. It sees that before you used IMDb and assumes that for this movie you want to stick with IMDb. Even though new movies will be loaded via OFDb.

When you do the update it will send your movies to the importer, so you will have to sort of redo the matching process. This is mainly because your current movies are tied to an IMDb ID, but we now need to assign an OFDb ID as well. And currently it is not possible to lookup an OFDb page or ID based on a movies IMDb ID. :( Once you run your movies through the importer again though, you will be able to switch between details from IMDb or OFDb freely without having to send it back to the importer. I hope that makes sense.

As for the sort by field, I think unfortunately there is not a way to update these en masse. This is definately something that out to be possible though, we will look at adding it for the next release. Sorry though. :( I think for sort by the only options are to manually change things or rebuild your database. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom