Cover Art not showing (1 Viewer)

Jeomite

Portal Member
March 4, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have a HTPC that is wirelessly connected. On some random times, my wireless card on the HTPC would not connect properly, and therefore render my HTPC unconnected to my network (where I share my movie files); thus the Movie Importer sees 0 available movies and "clears" my database.

(I'm waiting for 0.7 so I can disable auto scan upon startup), but for the time being I always backup my movingpictures.db3 file on a normal basis. Everytime I recopy the backed-up db3 file, cover art will be missing for some movies even though the file and filename still exists. Today I had to restore a backup file again, and now NONE of my movies have cover art... :( I can simply look in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize and see all the covers, but I have over 1000 movies and don't want to manually "import" them on a movie by movie basis.... is there anyway way to do it faster?

On a side note, does the db3 store the Path Dir for cover art on a movie by movie basis?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
In version 0.6 you need to be flagging import paths like this as removable in the configuration screen. The entire point of the option is to prevent exactly what you are describing. This functionality will be automated in version 0.7 so you wont have to do ANYTHING it will just work, but for the time being, go check that removable check box.

jackflack

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2008
    Alabama
    Home Country
    I had this problem because drives were not being mounted before Media Portal was being launched. Taking the machine off of wireless fixed this.

Are you sure that when you have this problem, the actual drives your movies/TV shows are on are mounted? The fan art I keep local too, but if the drives are not mounted, nothing will appear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom