Cover for file strip very low res, why? (1 Viewer)

riadmelb

Portal Pro
July 9, 2006
Melbourne
Home Country
I have highest res setting MediaPortal, but recently covers in film strip started appearing very low res.

Once you click on the movie to display movie info, the cover is in high res.

Thank you very much.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Moving Pictures uses a thumbnail image for the facade images for speed purposes. If your skin uses very large images in the Filmstrip view though you can sometimes see jaggies and what not. If you goto your thumbs folder and copy the contents of MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\ to MovingPictures\Covers\Thumbs\ (overwrite existing files) this should give you full size images in the facade. This will however probably slow things down a bit, FYI.

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    Another idea to prevent lagging would be to get a program like batch picture resizer and make the fullsize covers the same size as they are actually displayed in the view you want to use.

Which skin do you use?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I would definitely do what ryan20021982 suggests, maybe start with a width of 250px. Go up or down from that based on what you think works best for your system.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    heh, not really that close...you got the width / height the wrong way around.

180px is not that much greater than the default thumb size that MovingPictures generates which is 175px. So maybe the thumbs that are currently low quality are due to the original full size image being of low quality.

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    heh, not really that close...you got the width / height the wrong way around.

180px is not that much greater than the default thumb size that MovingPictures generates which is 175px. So maybe the thumbs that are currently low quality are due to the original full size image being of low quality.

Opps I guess I was dyslexic for a min :rolleyes:

Ya I doubt that will make a difference then I didnt even check the defult thumbs size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello MP Team, I have issues with mounting .iso files. Two seconds after mounting .iso and starting external player, the iso is unmounted again by MP and therefore doesnt show up in the drive any longer. Example: [2023-10-16 18:43:04,367] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Start process C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate...
    Hello MP Team, I have issues with mounting .iso files. Two seconds after mounting .iso and starting external player, the iso is...
    Hello MP Team, I have issues with mounting .iso files. Two seconds after mounting .iso and starting external player, the iso is...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because the movie list is splitted into chunks of a specified size and responses for each chunk are concentrated into the result list :) private async Task<string> GenerateResponseWithGPT(string searchQuery...
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because...
    Hi, I'm planning to write a plugin for MediaPortal 2, that supports users to find the right media items with help of AI...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for the info. Now I know how to create logs. I remapped the keys and, for the moment, after using MP2 several times, they function well. If the mapping disappears again, I'll send you some logs. Thank you!
    Thanks for the info. Now I know how to create logs. I remapped the keys and, for the moment, after using MP2 several times, they...
    Hi, I changed recently from MP1 to MP2 and I'm very happy with the change. But I still have to learn quite a few things. Sorry if...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom