Crash after crash while using menu (1 Viewer)

murks_muell

Portal Pro
October 14, 2008
I tried it with several skins and its always the same. MP crashes after a short time scrolling through and selecting menu entries. See logfiles. :confused:

vl002001

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    i think it has something to do with the thumbnails. it freezes intermittently as i scroll through the movies too, but it doesn't when i do it in list mode.

i think some other users reported having the same problem

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Looking at your log file it appears as if you're database somehow got into a corrupted state. The only thing I can figure is you have a record in the database representing a movie that is not attached to any files. This really should never happen, but if you force the app to quit or if you have a power failure or maybe if something else goes wrong and stops Moving Pictures mid-stream, this could cause the issue.

I am glad you got this fixed by rebuilding your database. For what it's worth though I added some extra error handling so from now on this situation will not result in a crash. Also some changes armandp made will repair the database in situations like this. Both fixes will be in 0.7.

Sorry for the trouble and sorry we weren't able to help before you had to rebuild your database.

murks_muell

Portal Pro
    October 14, 2008
    The only thing I can figure is you have a record in the database representing a movie that is not attached to any files. This really should never happen, but if you force the app to quit or if you have a power failure or maybe if something else goes wrong and stops Moving Pictures mid-stream, this could cause the issue.

Thanks. But exactly this I encountered several times. I started more than once from scratch now with every version and after the scan I always found movies I never heard of (not on my HD) and without any attached files in the DB.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The only thing I can figure is you have a record in the database representing a movie that is not attached to any files. This really should never happen, but if you force the app to quit or if you have a power failure or maybe if something else goes wrong and stops Moving Pictures mid-stream, this could cause the issue.

Thanks. But exactly this I encountered several times. I started more than once from scratch now with every version and after the scan I always found movies I never heard of (not on my HD) and without any attached files in the DB.

For new issues you should report in a separate thread. I think other people are seeing something similar here. If you feel like it's distinct though, just make a new thread or add an issue on the bug tracker.

Users who are viewing this thread