Crash: New installs and infoservice

Discussion in 'StreamedMP' started by Dr Tone, March 9, 2010.

1. Dr Tone

Dr Tone Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 1
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    I've noticed with RC1 and doing a fresh clean install, that media portal will continue to crash (.NET framework hard crash) if you have a location in weather. And it doesn't matter which skin you use. I figured I'd post it here, since infoservice is being installed my StreamedMP.

This has happened to me on 2 different machines. The only solution is to disable infoservice, configure your location and go into weather in mediaportal.

Once you've actually been in weather once, you can then procede to reenable infoservice and configure streamedmp to do it's special weather features.

I imagine this problem wouldn't occur if you actually installed mediaportal and went in and configured weather and ran mediaportal once with at least one visit to weather before installing infoservice via the streamedmp install.

It's easy to reproduce. Install media portal and then imediately install streamed mp. Configure your location in weather and procede to start mediaportal.

I really don't want to wipe out my install, to capture a log for you, but if you absolutely need me to I will.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. trevor

trevor Portal Pro

IT Consultant
    Ratings:
    +951 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs

Thanks for the report, this is a known error with Infoservice beta8 and has been fixed in beta9 - we will be including beta9 of infoservice in the RC2 release of the skin dur this w/e.

Thanks

4. woddog

woddog Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Home Country:
    The infoservice plugin (both 8 and beta 9) also seems to be producing a strange menu problem in the homescreen when used with the beta 7 of the Arcsoft Blu-ray plugin and the RC of StreamedMP. The problem I have is that you can't select anything with the remote and the shutdown, restart etc sub menu isn't visible.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!