Crash: New installs and infoservice (1 Viewer)

Dr Tone

Portal Pro
October 29, 2008
Calgary, AB
Canada Canada
I've noticed with RC1 and doing a fresh clean install, that media portal will continue to crash (.NET framework hard crash) if you have a location in weather. And it doesn't matter which skin you use. I figured I'd post it here, since infoservice is being installed my StreamedMP.

This has happened to me on 2 different machines. The only solution is to disable infoservice, configure your location and go into weather in mediaportal.

Once you've actually been in weather once, you can then procede to reenable infoservice and configure streamedmp to do it's special weather features.

I imagine this problem wouldn't occur if you actually installed mediaportal and went in and configured weather and ran mediaportal once with at least one visit to weather before installing infoservice via the streamedmp install.

It's easy to reproduce. Install media portal and then imediately install streamed mp. Configure your location in weather and procede to start mediaportal.

I really don't want to wipe out my install, to capture a log for you, but if you absolutely need me to I will.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've noticed with RC1 and doing a fresh clean install, that media portal will continue to crash (.NET framework hard crash) if you have a location in weather. And it doesn't matter which skin you use. I figured I'd post it here, since infoservice is being installed my StreamedMP.

This has happened to me on 2 different machines. The only solution is to disable infoservice, configure your location and go into weather in mediaportal.

Once you've actually been in weather once, you can then procede to reenable infoservice and configure streamedmp to do it's special weather features.

I imagine this problem wouldn't occur if you actually installed mediaportal and went in and configured weather and ran mediaportal once with at least one visit to weather before installing infoservice via the streamedmp install.

It's easy to reproduce. Install media portal and then imediately install streamed mp. Configure your location in weather and procede to start mediaportal.

I really don't want to wipe out my install, to capture a log for you, but if you absolutely need me to I will.

Thanks for the report, this is a known error with Infoservice beta8 and has been fixed in beta9 - we will be including beta9 of infoservice in the RC2 release of the skin dur this w/e.

Thanks

woddog

Portal Pro
November 28, 2007
Townsville, QLD
The infoservice plugin (both 8 and beta 9) also seems to be producing a strange menu problem in the homescreen when used with the beta 7 of the Arcsoft Blu-ray plugin and the RC of StreamedMP. The problem I have is that you can't select anything with the remote and the shutdown, restart etc sub menu isn't visible.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D [solved] Changed username in Win10, now TV Server config crashes on fresh install Installation, configuration support 1
A MediaPortal crash (and restart) on LiveTV after Windows Update (Sep 2020) driver update for Intel HD Graphics 4600 General Support 0
F MediaPortal 1.16 server crashing due to user error? General Support 5
L Service keeps crashing General 5
U [solved] MediaPortal crashing on startup General Support 10
RoChess Weird GPU crash -- possible cause: resizing media MediaPortal 1 Talk 8
torone Dritter versuch mit Mediaportal 2 Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 1
W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on most channels and on recordings from the same channels General Support 20
W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on some channels and on some recordings Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 1
ajs Trakt error when start with MP crash Trakt 1
R TV server crash with WintTV quadHD General 0
Dark Eyes TVService locks up or fails to restart on resuming from sleep, and crashes when grabbing EPG Installation, configuration support 7
atlantic [solved] MP1.24 Pre released crash in TV General Support 12
RoChess Random GPU crash leads to MePo restart, but works fine afterwards MediaPortal 1 14
R [fixed] [MP2-819] MP2 Server crashes on ATSC OTA channel scan Submit: Bug Reports 33
doskabouter 1.23.0 Crash when skipping in a dvd Bugreports 3
J [fixed] [MP2-833] 2.2.2 server crash during import Submit: Bug Reports 50
P MP2 TV Server crashes when starting - throws error remoting exception General 2
G MP Crashed during setting up recording. Newcomers Forum 1
Rob Hexenmeister DVD Skip steps causing crash General Support 2
badboyxx MP 1.22 final is crashing when jumping forward while playing DVD-Iso watch/edit Videos 26
Terra Crash when opening ACTORS list My TVSeries 3
Terra Crash when searching movies, reproducable Moving Pictures 2
KlausWirn Music crash Bass crash no change to play music Installation, configuration support 2
cladinshadows85 [solved] Audio playing mutiple times over video and crashing General 8