MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: XP Pro SP3
CPU Type: Athlon II X4 630
HDD: 640GB WD SATA
Memory: 4GB DDR2 1066Mhz
Motherboard: Biostar TA790GXB3
Video Card: HD3300 IGP
Video Card Driver: 10.10
Sound Card: onboard Realtek AC97 (ALC662)
Sound Card AC3: no AC3
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.6194
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-T 500
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 4.3.27240
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video Decoder (PDVD10)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshowDXVA
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Custom
Cooling: Scythe 120mm Bottom Intake Fan, Stock CPU HSF
Power Supply: OCZ StealthStream 400W
Remote: Nova-T 500
TV: Sony XBR800 36"
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

As the title says, I stopped LiveTV with the remote and MP crashed. Watchdog popped up and then I also saw a .NET error and Watchdog said it couldn't access the, I think it was, TSWriter.log as it was locked/in use, although it seems to be in the attached logs anyway.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Just happened again. I stopped LiveTV and MP crashed. Didn't see any NET errors or problems with Watchdog this time though.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
I can confirm this is happening every time I stop LiveTV and it returns to the EPG.

I've attached two further set of logs. I notice in the first one, the error.log refers to HTPCinfo so I've disabled that plugin now.

I'm also finding that on random occassions whilst I'm watching TV, the mouse cursor appears in the middle of the screen and I have to move it out of view with my trackball. It doesn't seem to come back once I've done that, at least not whilst I'm still watching the same programme.

Also, when MP crashes I don't have a taskbar and I have to manually kill explorer and start a new instance for it to re-appear. I've got "Hide taskbar in fullscreen mode" ticked but when I Close MP (to the tray) the taskbar is where it should be.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
Thanks for the tip. I've updated InfoService to 1.6.1 and installed the latest dll now, but could I just disable the InfoService plugin to determine whether or not this is the cause of all my problems? Then, if all the problems disapper, I can re-enable it and see if things stay OK, but if the crashes persist, I guess that would confirm that there's other problems to look at, no?

MP just crashed again when I started playback of a recording-in-progress (before I read your post and updated/disabled InfoService). Actually it didn't totally crash, as it flashed up the crash box but then continued playing the recording OK. When I stopped playback, the crash box was sitting there waiting for me to click on it, and when I did MP closed and Watchdog opened, which then gave me a NET Framework error about being unable to access TSwriter.log in my temp folder. Logs attached.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    but could I just disable the InfoService plugin to determine whether or not this is the cause of all my problems? Then, if all the problems disapper, I can re-enable it and see if things stay OK, but if the crashes persist, I guess that would confirm that there's other problems to look at, no?
    Correct.

What is the status?

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Well I've been running without these crashes for a while now, with InfoService disabled, so clearly that was the problem.

Now that I'm satisfied about that, I'll enable it and hopefully things will play nice for a while :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom