[confirm] Crash while zapping when using ffdshow (1 Viewer)

Stepko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2007
    Hamburg/Wolfsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

my MP crashes sometimes on a channel change when I use ffdshow. To be more precise, it is ffdshow that crashes as you can see on the screenshot. This happens only on a channel change. It happens randomly and not on one specific channel or a change of the resolution. It happens approximately every 30 channel changes and is reproducable.

I watch TV only via DVB-IP. I use a modified version of the MP IPTV-Filter. I added support for rtp, and posted the code changes already in the code submision forum here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/submit-code-patches-mediaportal-tv-server-etc-325/iptv-filter-support-rtp-http-84321/.
    My provider is Hansenet/Alice in germany, the video stream is h.264 encoded (even sd channels), sent via rtp-multicast.

When I use a different codec (like MS-DTV, PDVD or CoreAVC) MP doesn't crash, but all these codecs have other drawback. ffdshow works best for me - except for the crashes of course :)
    MP also doesn't seem to crash when I use ffdshow-DXVA, but that filter stops working when the resolution changes (channel change, hd->sd or even movie->commercial).

I already tried different ffdshow versions, right now I have rev 3483 installed. It crashes with ffmpeg-mt and libavcodec selected for h.264, with deinterlacing enabled and disabled,... I think I tried almost every option in the video configuration tool without any success. :(

How I can reproduce the crash:
    Just start live tv and do some channel changes. When the crash happens I see the windows-crash window only for a second, then the last picture before the channel change is shown, but the sound keeps running (I can hear the channel I have changed to). At this stage MP is still runinng. MP crashes completly as soon as I change the channel again, try to stop live tv or try to exit MP. Then the windows-crash window is shown (see screenshot).

Is there anything I can try to find the cause? Debug anything? Logs are attached.

Hope anyone can help me, this is absolutly showstopping for me...

:D
    Stepko

Attachments

• crash.jpg
      crash.jpg
      410.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom