Crash with latest MPUrlSourceFilter and ITV player (1 Viewer)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi @georgius
    The source filter appears to be crashing when trying to play an ITV player stream, I managed to revert to an older version and the stream works fine so I believe that the url is OK and playable, Sorry I can't remember which version I reverted to (the extension manager always downloads the latest version btw),

Logs and dump are attached, any further info needed let me know.
    Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• MPUrlSourceSplitter-2016-04-19-21-27-03-093.zip
      189 MB

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    OK, what can I see is, that you have installed filter 2.1.15.5684, but protocols and parsers seems to be latest. In other words, it's mess. I recommend to uninstall filter and make some clean up. I suppose that you have MP and TV server installed in default location, so after uninstalling please check:
    1. TV server folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\MPUrlSourceSplitter - if folder exists, remove it and all its content
    2. MP folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MPUrlSourceSplitter - if folder exists, remove it and all its content
    3. if you wish, you can clean up also cache folders (if they exist):
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MPUrlSourceSplitter
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MPIPTVSource

Now you can try to install latest 2.2.10.5911 version. If crash still persists, then first attach logs. If crash dump file will be needed, I'll ask for it.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK, what can I see is, that you have installed filter 2.1.15.5684, but protocols and parsers seems to be latest. In other words, it's mess. I recommend to uninstall filter and make some clean up. I suppose that you have MP and TV server installed in default location, so after uninstalling please check:
    1. TV server folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\MPUrlSourceSplitter - if folder exists, remove it and all its content
    2. MP folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MPUrlSourceSplitter - if folder exists, remove it and all its content
    3. if you wish, you can clean up also cache folders (if they exist):
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MPUrlSourceSplitter
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MPIPTVSource

Now you can try to install latest 2.2.10.5911 version. If crash still persists, then first attach logs. If crash dump file will be needed, I'll ask for it.
    :whistle: That seems to have done the trick, sorry, my installation must have got messed up somewhere along the line.

While you're here though :) sometimes an ITV stream will stop midway through playback, the attached logs are from a playback that stopped after a couple of seconds, followed by me restarting the same stream. Not critical but would be nice to know whether it's something that can be fixed or its an ITV issue.

Thanks again

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Probably something between RTMP and ITV. RTMP library is not developing (latest commit is from December 23rd, 2015) and probably the RTMP best times are over. Anyway, RTMP library is written with reverse engineering, not with some official documentation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom