[TV] Crop recording while watching (1 Viewer)

daae

August 29, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Started on: 2009-06-06
last update: 2009-06-06

Summary:
When the same recording is viewed day after day, it gets annoying to skip through commercials, announcements etc. until the show starts. A new feature is required, allowing to set a crop starting point while watching a recording.

Area:
My TV

Description:
Those of you who have kids, will know the following scenario: Your kid wants to see the exact same episode of Postman Pat, Rorri, Pooh and Friends like he did yesterday and the past 15 days. Being his dad, you always have to skip/fast forward past the same commercials, the announcement for the next couple of programs etc. The show never starts on exactly the same minute and second, so it's manual forwarding/rewinding until you hit the intro and hear Postman Pat singing.
It would be really nice with a feature, where you - when the show starts - could mark this as "hey, this is where I want this recording to start every time". Then everything before that point would get deleted, maybe instantly, maybe in a batch job running later on.

I know I could use the Editor plugin, but that is really, really slow - all I need is the ability to set a crop starting point with one click.

Comments and feedback are most welcome.

/daae

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Your need is already implemented: use Comskip and you don't have to worry commercials anymore. Use search how to setup it if having problems.

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    As manfred says comskip should already be able to do this. For some shows comskip is not able to find the beginning of the show, so it might be usable to be able to insert a start point.
    One way to implement such a feature would be to edit/create a comskip file on request, indicating the beginning of the show. Something like:
    1. pause show at the actual beginning of the show.
    2. context menu (F9)
    3. choose start crop point here from context menu. This would create/modify a comskip file, so next time show is watched it skips to the crop point.

daae

August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Your need is already implemented: use Comskip and you don't have to worry commercials anymore. Use search how to setup it if having problems.

Thanks! I just got Comskip up and running - it works like a charm! Would be nice with the option of inserting a manual chapter point though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom