Curious LCD TV issue (1 Viewer)

Spagbol

Portal Member
June 23, 2006
Hi,

I have just moved from 1.0.2 on XP to 1.1.0 RC2 on Windows 7 and my TV has developed an odd issue...
I have an ATI 9600XT (old I know!) > HMDI cable > Panasonic Viera LCD TV.
Previously, I could turn off the TV and when I turned it on again, Mediaportal would be there waiting for me.
Now, after I turn off the TV and on again, the HDMI channel doesn't show anything (it's black) until I restart the computer or suspend/resume.

It's like when I turn off the TV it also turns off it's receiving of signal on the HDMI channel and only starts receiving again when it gets a turn on signal from the PC - then "turn tv on when resuming from standby" option obviously works.
I have remote desktop software so can operate MediaPortal from another computer but even changing TV channels etc. doesn't prompt the TV to wake up!

Any ideas?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    From what I have read, you need to disable the ATI display manager under services (re-detects display badly), give it a try, if that does not work then wait for a really bright idea from a ATI user.

Spagbol

Portal Member
    June 23, 2006
    Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it made no difference. Disabled both AMD and ATI services to no avial. Have also tried after removing CCC with no luck.
    Have set LM Remote Keymap to run hdmiOn.exe on a remote button press so can resend HDMI handshake and 'wake' the screen up manually for now. Seems to be a fairly long standing issue with posts back to early 2008 with same problem. Funny it was OK under XP so may just be a Windows 7 issue (have read a couple of posts claiming Win 7 has HDMI issues).
    Anyhoo, thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom