Custom Filter Genre catagory? (1 Viewer)

BlackdogZA

Portal Pro
April 22, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi

Is there a way I can cutomise the genre catagory? Specifically I want to Action to exclude anything with the word Animation in it?

Thanks

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Click the genre node and then convert it to a regular menu item (under the gear button). Then click the Action node and click the Edit Filter button. Add additional filtering rules there as desired. Downside to this is new Genre subnodes will no longer be automatically generated. I plan to make this more flexible in the future.

Hope this helps.

BlackdogZA

Portal Pro
April 22, 2007
Home Country
Hi, I have converted to a regular item but I notice I cannot edit anything other than the first genre (action). Is this a bug?

Thanks

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
You should be able to edit them all. I tested this method out myself before posting last week as well. Are you sure you converted the Genres node?

BlackdogZA

Portal Pro
April 22, 2007
Home Country
Hi, I have converted the genres node. I can and have edited the first genre (action), inserting additional rules.

I am using the latest version of the plugin.

BlackdogZA

Portal Pro
April 22, 2007
Home Country
Right, I rebuilt the database and this seems to have sorted out the issues I was having. I can now add custom filters as per fforde's instructions.

Users who are viewing this thread