Custom genres being deleted (1 Viewer)

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
December 21, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I had went through my Movies list in Moving Pictures and set up custom genres only 2 days ago.

Today I go to try and filter to the specific genre I had applied and it doesn't exist within MP.
Started up MovingPictures standalone, and the films I had set genres for, have reset back to their original defaults.

1 - Why?
2 - Is there any way I can save my changes, and then apply those changes should this happen again?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Im pretty sure they would only be cleared if you refreshed online data for the movies manually.

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
    December 21, 2015
    Home Country
    It happened again now. I re-did my custom genres, and it deleted them, again.

Can I save my custom genres? And re-apply if it happens again?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    How about explaining how you are doing it?

1. Select a movie.
    2. Change or add a new genre.
    3. Close configuration.
    4. Open configuration.
    5. Select the same movie.

Does the genre you entered still exist?

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
    December 21, 2015
    Home Country
    Yes, I follow those steps exactly and if I back straight into MovingPictures it's still there. It's only after starting up and shutting down MP a few times. I noticed when I go into MovingPictures via MP, and it shows a popup saying "Updating filtering menu", that's when it resets everything back to default.

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
    December 21, 2015
    Home Country
    I don't understand, what logs am I missing? I got marked with "Missing System Logs" ? How do I capture the log when the genre changes? It changes randomly?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @Dr Forinor unless a developer can reproduce the problem you are having, they will NEVER be able to fix it.

That is why log files exist, because they 'can' contain everything a developer needs to see at a technical level what took place. I stress 'can', because the log-level needs to be at least at debug level for all the data to be present, and sometimes extra log files are needed (there is a very nice MediaPortal wiki article on how to generate all the log files a plugin developer needs, as you have to ensure the error is reproduced as well to generate the right log entries).

It also sometimes helps to make screenshots demonstrating the exact steps you took, because there are many areas one could add or modify genres, and perhaps the problem is as simple as you editing the wrong area, or forgetting a step to properly 'save' the changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom