Custom Installation Plugin (1 Viewer)

Simian60

Portal Member
October 12, 2007
Hi,

A somewhat grand name, but I'm working on a plugin that I can use to support 'custom installations' using RS232C and IR repeaters.

So far I can use MP to control my AV amp (volume up/down, surround/stereo, on/standby, mute, etc) and my TV (on/standby, HDMI/Component) using RS232C.

However, I now want to control my Sky+ satellite box using an IR repeater. What I would like to do is to get notified of the selection of the My TV option, and switch to a remote pass-through mode (actually, remote-translation) except for the 'home' button, which would take you back to the main menu.

After looking through the code, I can't see where the main menu selection actions take place, nor can I see where IR remote events are reported.

Can someone point me in the direction of these please - I'm happy to modify non-pluggable code to get the full feature set I want.

Cheers,

Simon.

Simian60

Portal Member
October 12, 2007
Not sure if this is of any help, but since you are rather new here:
The right pearson to ask is probably and-81.
You should see if some of the things you want can be done by the IR Server Suite (or if it can make your plugin easier).
Forum section: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mce_replacement_plugin-f165.html

Thank you, that looks like it does about half of what I want to achieve, which should save some time.

Don't know how I managed to miss it, actually.

Simon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom