Custom Intro feature planned? (1 Viewer)

gshipley

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2008
    I am a convert from VMC and myMovies. One of the big features that people keep requesting from myMovies is the ability to play a custom intro at the beginning of movies. Is this feature planned for moving pictures? If it is, I am happy to check out the code and begin working on a patch.

If it has not been formally requested and approved, can I still submit a patch (assuming I can get it working) or does the feature have to be approved first?

I am thinking of just adding an option in the Moving Pictures config area to specify one custom_intro path.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Setup an issue on the issue tracker for it first, and maybe pop into the IRC channel to talk about implementation. In general though I think this is not a bad idea. So long as the code is clean, and the feature is not intrusive it shouldn't be a problem.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I can understand why some people (typically, these kind folks are regulars to tech forums) would want this. Tto me though It would be like adding a custom nag screen. But it would be cool when trailer support is added to Moving Pictures to have a check box for "show the [enter a number here box] latest movie trailers available online before the movie starts". Or "Show [number box] trailers randomly selected from the same genre before the film starts". No "R" rated trailers if the movie started is "PG" though.

Emph

gshipley

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2008
    I finally had time over the new years break to get Moving Pictures up and running in a dev environment. I have the custom intro code working and hope to get it cleaned up and generate the patch file tomorrow.

Should I just create an issue and submit the patch for review?

FYI for anyone thinking of helping out on this project. The code is extremely clean and easy to get up and running. I have been a Java developer for 10 years and never coded in C# but was able to do this custom_intro feature in about 4 hours. I look forward to helping out in the future to make this plugin awesome.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Yep just create an issue on the issue tracker and attach the patch. And after you post it maybe poke around the IRC channel every now and then if we have any questions. Thanks for putting it together gshipley. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom