[solved] custom .xml-file is not imported into movingpictures.details.xml (1 Viewer)

bta489

Portal Pro
March 17, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
I'm working on a skin modification for MovPic. I already made all the layout-changes that I wanted to do, but I'm having trouble adding ClearArt. For simplification in case of any changes I created a custom "include.ClearArt.xml"-file in which I assigned all the paths to custom Skin-Properties (using <define>). I used this successfully in several other mods, but MovPic won't import the file. I got it to work for now by adding the <define>-fields directly into the file, but I want to use my .xml for that.

I read in the wiki that it is not possible to import xml-files inside of a file that is itself imported somewhere, so I think that may be the problem here. I searched all files for "<import>movingpictures.details.xml</import>" though, but there was no match. I'm not familiar with the various files MovPic uses, so does anyone know if this might be the case here? Or any other suggestion why this won't work or how to fix it?

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Imports are best placed in movingpictures.xml

<import>movingpictures.details.xml</import> is also in that xml file. Just add your import to the end of the default imports inside movingpictures.xml

bta489

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you very much! That did the trick.
    I should have searched only for the filename without the <import>-tags. I might have found it myself :rolleyes:. Next time I'll run brain.exe first;)

Anyway, thanks for the quick rescue. (y)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No problem glad i could help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom