[CybrDisplay] DVD Crashes on stop... Not ffdShow this time... (1 Viewer)

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
TV-Server Version: RC4
MediaPortal Version: RC4
MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two Wide Custom
Windows Version: Vista Premium
CPU Type: Quad Core 9550+ Declocked
HDD: 2 x Western Digital 80GB + 1000GB
Memory: 2 x 2GB DDR2 800
Motherboard: Gigabyte MA78GM
Video Card: Onboard
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Onboard Realtek AC97
Sound Card AC3: HDMI, Optical, traditional
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: WinTV Nova T 500
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: WinTV PVR 150
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Antec Fusion
Cooling:
Power Supply: 430w 80+
Remote: Hauppauge 45
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

OK... This one is a biggie... And somewhat complicated... Now in the past I had have trouble with DVD playback, not so much the playback but when you stopped the DVD almost every second time was guaranteed to crash... I had discovered this was ffdShow and what was required was selecting "DVD Mode" in the ffdShow codec section to resolve this..

So many months go by without problem.. RC4 comes along and I decided to do a fresh install... Problem is back, except it is not the same problem.. So I went through the huge list of varients.

Both MPV and MPA... Second or third exit CRASH!
Cyberlink 7.x and BD-HD... Second or third exit CRASH!
Microsoft MPEG 2... Second or third exit CRASH!
Disabled Thumbnailer, DVD43 and other simular 3rd party encrypting or enhancements... Second or third exit CRASH!
Disabled Pixel Correction, DVA (or what ever its called) CRASH!

You get what I"m saying, absolutely every combination I can think or, have reinstalled K-Liket codec pack and ffdShow has not been used for most of these settings... there has been very little in the log. Some times not even producing an error log, but here are some none the less...

This happens when I hit stop on the keyboard or my Hauppauge remote... Please guys, any one, this is a game stopper...

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey found out the problem... Was related to the CybrDisplay (new display plugin)...

Funny enough if I disabled the EQ display function it fixed it... No idea but definately worth looking into. Thanks

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I had the exact same problem with RC4. Almost every time I stopped a DVD it crashed. Physical DVD's as well as mounted image files.
I must say tahnk you very much for taking the time to find the reaseon! I would have never thought of disabling the EQ option :)

Tested to turn off the EQ and now it seems (so far...) that I don't get any crashes on stop.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I know, it's the most random thing, liturally took me eight hours to find out, manually re-enabled plugins one by one and did the same with my drivers... I refused to let it get on top of me :D Thanks for the thanks

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Let's hope it will get fixed.

Which LCD are you using? I am using iMON and I am using the lower bar as progress indicator. But it looks a bit "broken" for me.
Do you have this same issue here? (if you use iMON that is).

epwar

December 11, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
i suppose i'm having the same problems over here. I can't find the answer you give though. Could one of you please help. Where to find the option tha i should turn on or off??

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
i suppose i'm having the same problems over here. I can't find the answer you give though. Could one of you please help. Where to find the option tha i should turn on or off??

Let's see if I remember this without checking in config. I think you find it the following way.

1 Start configuration
2 Enter plugin section
3 Configure Minidisplay plugin
4 Press the advanced button
5 Uncheck EQ option

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Yes that is spot on, just uncheck the EQ... Ashaim though, the EQ is cool... Who do we address this bug to?

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Please test with latest SVN and using teh bundled MiniDisplayLibrary.dll, don't copy anything old like CybrDisplay.dll or MiniDisplay.dll.

Report back with logs.

Simone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom