D-Vine MCE303 Silver HTPC Case with a Samsung VFD Model: 16T202DA1E (1 Viewer)

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I Had VFD troubles.

I bought the case from the manufacturer’s site MCE303 Silver HTPC Case | Home Theatre PC Cases | D-Vine HTPC.
    $79 with remote and VFD display.

I installed the driver found here view-category | mce3xx-series-downloads then shutdown and plugged in the USB connection for the display and rebooted. The display worked right away with the default message. I then set up Minidisplay with the (LCDHYPE 04_22_08) IRTrans LCD/VFD Driver v1.0 I also set the port to usb and left the rest as default. I left the advanced setting at default as well the display changed right away after closing MP configuration and opening MP. I could not get the VFD display to work correctly though. It would display the default message (which can be edited to whatever you like) and when I open Mediaportal it would display "Welcome to Mediacenter" and nothing else no matter what button or screen I was on.
    I searched and read these forums for 6-8 hours and still no luck. But a couple of hints here and there kept me trying.

Well I have it working now. I went back into the Minidisplay with the (LCDHYPE 04_22_08) IRTrans LCD/VFD Driver v1.0 I still set and changed the port to localhost (A hint I found by chance) but still the same problem only a default message and Welcome to Mediacenter when I opened MP. I opened the IRTrans GUI client to take another look and saw the IP address setting I set it to localhost and still no luck. I went back into IRTrans GUI client and clicked mode and then IP address and entered the IP of my computer (192,168,1.xxx) closed the IRTrans GUI opened MP and wa-la full display YA BABY!
    This process may be common knowledge around here but I could not find it.

Hope this helps someone else and make sure you have all low profile PCIe and PCI cards or riser cables and a plan.;)

MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
    MediaPortal Skin: BleazeWide
    Windows Version: Vista Ultimate SP1
    CPU Type: Intel 2200x2
    HDD: 1000 GB / 1000 GB / 500 GB Sata
    Memory: 2 gig OCZ
    Motherboard: Asus P5GC-MX/1333
    Video Card: ATI 4350HD
    Video Card Driver: newest ATI
    Sound Card: Realtek on board
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-S-Plus
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    1. TV Card Driver: Newest Hauppauge
    2. TV Card: ATI TVWONDER Elete PCI
    2. TV Card Type: Analog TV
    2. TV Card Driver: Newest ATI
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: FFshow
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: FFshow
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: dish
    HTPC Case: D-Vine MCE303 Silver
    Cooling: Yes
    Power Supply: modxStream Pro 500
    Remote: Vista MCE
    TV: Olivia 42 1080i
    TV - HTPC Connection: HD-HD

jps

December 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for sharing your solution Stdly!

I couldn't get this VFD and remote working reliable in Window7 x64. After installing the 32bit version, the drivers of IRtrans worked and the VFD showed messages from MCE. But...MediaPortal didn't work until I found this suggestion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom