Daemon Tools and MP (1 Viewer)

sebas74

Portal Member
September 16, 2008
Hi,

For a few days now, I am configuring my HTPC. Almost everything is of my to-do-list. But... I can't get .ISO's to play. I even read the German forum, everything about Daemon and ISO available, but no sollution for me.

I have installed Daemon Tools, with automatic mount, secure is off, drive letter: K. In MP the exact same variables.

When clicking on the ISO in my movies, MP says: insert right disc. And then MP gets stuck if I press ok, or anything else.
Then I went experimenting: When applying another driver letter L: to Daemon Tools and MP, pressing the ISO does absolutely nothing.
Changing back to K:\ same problems as before occurs.

What am I missing? Thanks for your help (next problem on my to-do-list will be the VFD display... But My TV is working perfectly!)

Regards,

Sebas

flokel

Portal Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 11, 2005
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you add .iso to the extension list ?

Extensions

sebas74

Portal Member
    September 16, 2008
    Hi Flo,

That was something I hadn't done, but when adding .iso it's not working. I tried all the same things (first K: and then L: ), but the same errors as mentioned above. I also restarted my HTPC, but no effect.

To be complete, my options are as follows:
    Daemon:
    - Version 4.30.0 (Dutch version, so maybe I am translating following options not correctly)
    - Virtual drive 0: [L:] empty
    - Variables of [L:] -> DVD-ROM Letter [L:], DVD REgion [empty], checked Play Automaticaly
    - Emulation: All options of
    - Options: checked Automount , checked Play Automaticaly

MediaPortal:
    - Version RC2
    - Daemon Tools: Checked automount, added correct file location, Virtual drive L:, Drive number 0

So... any other suggestions...? Thanks in advance!
    (BTW, late this night, or early this morning the VDF worked...! )

Regards,

Sebas

sebas74

Portal Member
    September 16, 2008
    Yes, mounting directly with Daemon is no problem whatsoever.

So I tried something else (it is getting weirder now!). I emptied my movie database, and added one .iso file to that database. When starting that file in MP... it started...! And then it started again in Windows Media Player!
    So now I am able to view my .iso file, but... Media Player is dominant and distorts everything, the sound I hear is from Media Player!
    Then, when I stop Media Player (not so easy, have to close MP first and then Media Player) and start MP again to play that .iso, MP asks if I want to continue at the point I left the .iso. No matter if I say yes or no, the .iso starts again, but... Media Player picks up where it left... Strange!

More suggestions?

hawihoney

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2007
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just a guess.

Are ISO extensions associated with daemon tools? Right click on the ISO file and look at it's image and associated application.

Regards
    Harald

sebas74

Portal Member
    September 16, 2008
    Yes, switching of autoplay helped! Now I am able to watch my .iso's!

But... two remarks:
    1. When MP is loading the .iso, the Vista "start" button appears in the left corner? Is this avoidable?
    2. I cannot change the volume of files I play with MP? (More off-topic, but it bothers me like hell!
    If I change the volumesettings to Master Volume (instead of Wave), then I am not able to change the volume
    in all other places (for example, when I am watching TV).

Thanks to everyone who looked into my .iso problems!

Regards,

Sebas

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom