Database keeps corrupting (1 Viewer)

gipro

Portal Member
May 10, 2008
I have fresh install of MP 1.02 client TV series 3389.

My TVSeries database is redirected to a network location.

I find the database constantly gets corrupted. Not sure what triggers it. The network location is on 24/7 but I sleep the client when not in use.

There are no other clients currently using the system.

bwg

Portal Pro
December 25, 2007
Home Country
I have the same issue, though I am currently accessing the database file over a network on 2 clients, which is not recommended from what I've read. I make back-ups of my.db3 file and when it corrupts, I delete it and replace with the back-up.

It would be nice to know why it happens.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    I have fresh install of MP 1.02 client TV series 3389.

My TVSeries database is redirected to a network location.

I find the database constantly gets corrupted. Not sure what triggers it. The network location is on 24/7 but I sleep the client when not in use.

There are no other clients currently using the system.

Perhaps when going to sleep the client doesn't properly flush out writes, or when resuming it doesn't properly reopen the now by the server closed connection. Who knows...

Why do you want the db on the server if only one client acesses it anyways?

I have the same issue, though I am currently accessing the database file over a network on 2 clients, which is not recommended from what I've read. I make back-ups of my.db3 file and when it corrupts, I delete it and replace with the back-up.

It would be nice to know why it happens.

Because SQLite is simply not made for concurrent acess, and even if it were, the plugin is simle not written with concurrent db acess is mind. I'm surprised it doesn't crash immediatly in fact.

Both reports are not bugs, but "By Design".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom