Database problem (1 Viewer)

alexchini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 30, 2006
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi all i ve move all my mp3 files in a NAS storage with samba but unfortunally when i try to update the database i don't find nothing :(
    More strange thing when i listen mp3 using share list i saw that in some way the database is been populate of the data of the song i listen.

I try also with a clear XP installation with only MP 0.2.2 with the same effect...

Any suggestion? thx in advance for the great job

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just make sure your files can be accessed in windows explorer, then add the path to the music shares and do a scan from configuration.exe

alexchini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 30, 2006
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Just make sure your files can be accessed in windows explorer, then add the path to the music shares and do a scan from configuration.exe

For sure the files can be accessed from windows explorer and also from media portal player, in fact i can listen to my music using shares search.
    Unfortunally i ve the same effect with using the build of db in configuration all tables of the db remain empty.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I have my files on a NAS as well, without any troubles.
    If you can access them via the Share view, this means that the access to the NAS is ok.
    i would advise, that you delete your MusicDatabase in the database dir and do a rescan.

alexchini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 30, 2006
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I have my files on a NAS as well, without any troubles.
    If you can access them via the Share view, this means that the access to the NAS is ok.
    i would advise, that you delete your MusicDatabase in the database dir and do a rescan.

THX for ur answer but unfortunally i had try it in both way, configuration and MP but the the resultant db still remain empty (39kb). I can add as information that same files in a local disk of another computer in my net work fine and i ve a good db of 2500 KB. As further information i ve tried to add the NAS storage in the catalogue of the Windows Media Player and it work fine. So i think there is something in my NAS storage that don't work with MP..... :(

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    what about posting the log?
    Any errror in configuration.log?

If you can play a song via the Share, then this means MP has access to the NAS and so the Tagreader has. So it must work.

alexchini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 30, 2006
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    what about posting the log?
    Any errror in configuration.log?

If you can play a song via the Share, then this means MP has access to the NAS and so the Tagreader has. So it must work.

I agree with u futhermore when i play a song the player add the tag on the database so i really don't understand why when i try to update the db don't work.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Please run the import from Configuration.exe and Clear the Flag "Only update files added/changed after last import".

You log shows me that you ran an import on 04/04/2007 18.54.37.
    if you haven't added/touched any file between this time and the scan on 22:31, then nothing will be done.

alexchini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 30, 2006
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Please run the import from Configuration.exe and Clear the Flag "Only update files added/changed after last import".

You log shows me that you ran an import on 04/04/2007 18.54.37.
    if you haven't added/touched any file between this time and the scan on 22:31, then nothing will be done.

Only update files was never be flagged

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Sure must be, i see it in the logs. :))))

open up your mediaportal.xml in a text editor and serach for "lastimport".
    you should find 2 lines. delete both of them and then try the import again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom