Date of release? (1 Viewer)

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brudertac I moved IMDb+ finally over to GitHub, the release date in question you can handle with: https://github.com/RoChess/IMDbPlus/blob/master/Scraper/IMDb+.Scraper.SVN.xml#L521-L528 (modify the RegExp obviously if you do not use imdb.com as a source)

Merlyn copied a lot from IMDb+ when he created FilmInfo+ for German users which is now critical with imdb.de being cancelled, so structure should be the same. The only exception is that I went one step further with IMDb+ plugin to control the settings, and offer auto-update on the scraper-script, and rename files.

Thank you! I will take a look into it. The IMDB.de Site is not used anymore in the Filminfo+.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I know, I had full German support with IMDb+ as well, until imdb.de stopped working.

Merlyn had by then done such a great job on FilmInfo+ that I couldn't be bothered trying to add that into IMDb+ due to the complexity required to make it work, versus other sites such as MovieMeter.nl that make it a lot easier.

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I know, I had full German support with IMDb+ as well, until imdb.de stopped working.

Merlyn had by then done such a great job on FilmInfo+ that I couldn't be bothered trying to add that into IMDb+ due to the complexity required to make it work, versus other sites such as MovieMeter.nl that make it a lot easier.

Yeah, i remember those days...
    It is really a complex Monster you and Merlyn made. Both Scraper are great work. :)
    I think i´m on a good way to get all Functions back working on Filminfo+. Nice to see when it works again... :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    It started simple though, I helped fixed default imdb.com scraper, but then wanted "more" and wasn't allowed to add it to the default one. Created a separate one with RT support that became IMDb+RT, and then kept adding more which resulted in IMDb+ :)

IMDb.com changed their HTML as well, it is still rare though for certain movies and GeoIP related, but more movies will get the new layout which is breaking IMDb+ on a lot of data fields. I believe you rely on imdb.com as well for some info, so keep an eye out for that as well.

I've put IMDb+ on GitHub finally, and can hopefully find the time soon to release a new MPEI.

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It started simple though, I helped fixed default imdb.com scraper, but then wanted "more" and wasn't allowed to add it to the default one. Created a separate one with RT support that became IMDb+RT, and then kept adding more which resulted in IMDb+ :)

IMDb.com changed their HTML as well, it is still rare though for certain movies and GeoIP related, but more movies will get the new layout which is breaking IMDb+ on a lot of data fields. I believe you rely on imdb.com as well for some info, so keep an eye out for that as well.

I've put IMDb+ on GitHub finally, and can hopefully find the time soon to release a new MPEI.

Ah okay. Then i will have an eye on IMDB.com. Hopefully i get some reports from Filminfo+ Users if some of those Movies are found. :)
    Are there anywhere Informations how the Communication between Moving Pictures and the Scrapper works?
    For example, i can send a Movie back to the Importer or just "Update" the Movie. But what is Updated then? Or maybe this is a Function that is not used in Filminfo+.

I believe i will have to Clean Up the Code first. There are many open Questions on my side.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The best I have been able to deduct has been: NFO scan -> Noise Filter -> Internal IMDb lookup -> pass control to "Search node" of scraper-script -> process results -> identify the movie auto or after user intervention -> pass control to "Details node" of scraper-script -> process results -> pass control to any graphics "node" of scraper-script -> store it all.

The problem is that the search node fills in information already as well, for example it uses movie.popularity field to rank the search results with 100 to first match, and 99 to next, etc. The same goes for movie.release_date which I guess it also pre-populates. For me the latter is a bug, but it doesn't matter in the end, because the "Details node" will replace it anyway. The same way I overwrite movie.popularity with the rating votes, or the movie.title for that matter with IMDb+. Key to remember is to erase the search node results if your scraper-script gets no results.

MovPic source code is available, so you can always look at that for the exact order that takes place, and perhaps even commit fixes ;)

PS: The big difference is that only search node has access to media filename, which is why a lot of function of IMDb+ does not work unless the user sends movie back to importer, otherwise there is not much difference, and one of the reasons why I offer mass-update as an easy option in IMDb+ plugin with the additional option to only update certain fields (rating/votes/etc) that one would expect to be adjusted, but leave the big ones alone (title, summary, etc) to avoid erasing custom changes by user.

Users who are viewing this thread