Decent Remote (1 Viewer)

cheetah05

Portal Pro
April 9, 2006
London
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi there,

I currently have the Official Microsoft Media Center remote and its pretty well supported, its just i don't like the look of it.

My question is, is there a relatively cheap remote out there that works just aswell?

Can i use the Xbox 360 remote with the MCE receiver?

Thanks.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I don't like the look either, but it works so much better than any other remote I've used. Not exactly sure why, perhaps it's the wide angle receiever, or the button feel, but it's made my gf infinitely happier with using the setup. A friend bought one, I had one go on it and realised I must replace the control we were using that came with a PCI Nova-T card.

armyofme

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2006
    York
    Home Country
    I use the Sony RM-VL600. Got it off ebay for 20 quid (imported from US). It's a learning infrared remote so I use it to control MP, LCD screen and my AMPs. I like it's simplicity.

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    I have a MSFT remote in each room of the house - I just *WISH* they'd have put a couple more learning buttons on it for my AMP and it would be perfect :|

I even went and bought the fancy logitech one but it's not as good IMO

cheetah05

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2006
    London
    Home Country
    OK kool, thanks for the responses guys/gals....any other suggestions on a learning remote?

I was looking at the Philips SRU9400 - looks kinda cool, but i was wondering whether it would be a suitable remote?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom