DECOMPOSE fails, TVSERVICE unresponsive with DUAL tuner DVB-T cards. (1 Viewer)

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Latest SVN's since 15258.

All the recent svn's have the same problem with the 'decompose' routine during service shutdown (manual or hibernattion)

See attached logs.

Decompose is failing to cleanly close all tuners.

If a manual 'stop' of the service then the service hangs (MS error 1053) and a reboot is required.

During Hibernation the system still goes into hibernation but the service is unresponsive when awakened.

Always fails here

2008-02-19 09:26:33.281250 [15]: dvb:Decompose
    2008-02-19 09:26:33.281250 [15]: dvb:FreeAllSubChannels:
    2008-02-19 09:26:33.281250 [15]: stop
    2008-02-19 09:26:33.281250 [15]: stop the graph
    2008-02-19 09:26:34.546875 [15]: remove all filters
    2008-02-19 09:26:34.562500 [15]: free...
    2008-02-19 09:26:34.562500 [15]: free pins...

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    A long time to feedback but lots of testing done with six different dvb-t cards. single tuner and dual tuner (not hybrid).

Test upto svn 18080 because of TSWRITER .ax bug after this.

Ok.

This decompose failure does not occur with single tuner cards at all or with multi single tuner cards (four tested together on server).

Only occurs with dual tuner dvb-t cards (two different tried both non-hybrid).

Also only occurs when DVB-T grab is enabled (idle or timeshift or both)

Only occurs when a grab has started and completed or startred and been stopped for a schedule at any tiime in the curent session before decompose for hibernation/standby.

logs attached for VISTA32 and SVN 18080.

If you look through the logs a decompose was succesfull (no EPG grab start/stop/finish in session prior to event) and return from hibernation/standby fine but the next decompose failed (EPG grab event occured in this session) and the TVSERVICE is unresponsive after return from hib/standby.

Let me know how I can test further or if you need any specific logs.

This is probably an unusual bug and not widely reported because there are (?) not many users with dual dvb-t tuner cads (non hybrid) using the DVB-T grabber.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    SVN 18513 still has the same problem with DVB-T EPG grab and failure to decompose the tuner with dual tuner cards.

VISTA MCE and TVE2 don't have a problem with the same cards/drives.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    confirmed

steps to reproduce

Remove epg data using refresh, close setup down

wait for and-81 TVServermonitor to register epg grab, wait a minute to ensure.

Standby using MCE remote, succeed

Resume using remote

Vista crashes, and reboots immediately.

This does not occur if epg not enabled or is fully populated and not updating.

View attachment 19215

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Vista crashes, and reboots immediately./QUOTE]

That sounds like driver issue (i.e. drivers aren't handling the standby correctly, as it should work always no matter what the applications have done). TVE3 seems to just trigger the crash. Of cource TVE3 should be fixed so that graphs are correctly closed when going to standby / hibernate.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    SciDoctor

Which dual cards have you been testing with.

tourettes, will look into it, strange works fine with dvb epg turned on and populated, not a single problem. since SP1 added to a clean Vista install (in the right order all drivers went in with no fuss).

got the file dump, so will go for some light hearted reading.

Cheers

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Hi thanks for the feedback.

I'm still testing this and even though my initial thoughts and logs indicated that it was an EPG issue it may not be the case.

From what I am seeing from tests now is that the TVSERVER fails to decompose the second tuner of the dual tuner card (when it has been used).

This would always occur if EPG idle grab was enabled as this always forced a schedule to the second tuner as the EPG grab was occupying the first tuner at startup, looking back at previous posted logs confirms this.

Disabling the EPG idle grab removed a side effect of the real problem as now it was rare that the second tuner was used unless two schedules on different frequencies run concurantly (ie both tuners are used in a session)
    and then both need to be decomposed prior to standby/hibernation.

To test this I have two identiacal setups with the same twinhan AZUREWAVE dual DVB-T tuner. TU-700 and TE-700

The first had EPG idle grab dissabled and schedules set with NO overlaps so as only one tuner should/could only be used, this has now run for over a day without problems and eight times hibernated/resume.

The second was the same but with concurrant schedules this has failed at every decompose for the second tuner at standby/hibernation.

I'll post some logs later.

VISTA MCE and MP-TVe2 don't display the same problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom