2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video/SP decoder (PowerDVD8)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA+AC3 filter for postprocessing
h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink H.264/AVC decoder (PowerDVD8)
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Canal Digitaal
HTPC Case: Dvine MCE302
Cooling: Scythe SCSK-1000 Shuriken
Power Supply: Antec NeoHE, 430 Watt
Remote: MCE remote
TV: Panasonic 50PV70 (plasma)
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hello,

I think I've found a very nasty bug in MP 1.0.2.

Recently I've replaced my ATI HD3450 by an ATI HD4550 graphics adapter. Reason for this replacement was that the HD3450 hasn’t enough video memory (256MB) for vector adaptive deinterlacing on 1080i.

Since I use the HD4550, I experience a lot of trouble with vector adaptive HW-deinterlacing.

When I'm watching TV in MP, deinterlacing is perfect. But, when I switch to a channel which uses a different resolution, the trouble begins and deinterlacing is very poor. When I select in ‘TV off’ and ‘TV on’ in MP (so that the graph will be rebuilded) deinterlacing is perfect again. Switching between channels which are using the same resolution, deinterlacing stays perfect.

What is wrong? This problem occurs which an ATI HD4550 graphics adapter and with the on-board HD3200 graphics. Strange thing is, when I use a ATI HD3450 graphics adapter there are no deinterlacing problems at all!

I’ve tried almost all recent Catalyst drivers (version 8.11 to 9.6) and tried different versions of the Cyberlink decoders (PDVD7.3, 8 and 9), unfortunately without any improvement.

I’m quite sure this problem related to MediaPortal, because DVBviewer gives me in all cases perfect deinterlacing with the same decoders.

Please find attached the logs. These logs are created in debug mode while doing the following in MP:
- Start Mediaportal
- Go to ‘My TV’
- Watch ‘RTL 4’ (Dutch TV broadcaster, res. 704x576), perfect deinterlacing.
- Switch to ‘Das Erste’ (German TV broadcaster, res. 720x576), poor deinterlacing.
- Press ‘TV off’ and ‘TV on’ in MP, perfect deinterlacing on ‘Das Erste’.
- Switch to ‘Nederland 1’ (Dutch TV broadcaster, res. 704x576) poor deinterlacing again.
- Press ‘TV off’ and ‘TV on’ in MP, perfect deinterlacing on ‘Nederland 1’ again.

Can any HD3200/HD4550 user reproduce this problem? This problem can also be reproduced while switching between HD- and SD TV stations or when switching between ‘BVN’ (unscrambled Dutch TV broadcaster, res. 704x576) and ‘Das Erste’.

Can a developer have a closer look to this problem? Check also this thread.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/watch-edit-videos-104/poor-deinterlacing-when-playing-dvds-67493/

I think these problems are related.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nico

Mister Bean

Portal Pro
June 30, 2008
Lelystad
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi Tourettes and others,

I have started MP in windowed mode and the deinterlacing slider in CCC stays in VA-mode while switching channels etc. I think it isn't the ATI bug which is reported on AVS forums, because:
- I'm running XP SP3 with VMR9 renderer
- I've only problems with SD deinterlacing. Deinterlacing of 1080i content/channels is perfect.
- Deinterlacing problems occur only in MP. Deinterlacing of SD content in PowerDVD player and DVBviewer is perfect.

A few questions:
- Is it possible to rebuild the graph in MP after channelswitching? This will tackle poor deinterlacing while switching between channels which are using different resolutions.
- I can't imagine that I'm the only one with this deinterlacing problem. Are there any other HD4550/HD3200 MP users with the same problems?

Again, this deinterlacing problem can easily reproduced while switching from a SD- to a HD-channel (and vice/versa) or simply while watching a DVD.

Please help me. I'm desperate . . .

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nico

trylok

Portal Member
March 22, 2008
Home Country
Austria Austria
TV-Server Version: TVE3
MediaPortal Version: Mediaportal 1.0.2
MediaPortal Skin: Blue wide 3
Windows Version: XP professional SP3
CPU Type: Intel Core2 7200 2,53Ghz
HDD: Corsair SSD
Memory: 2 GB
Motherboard: Abit
Video Card: Nvidia 7600GT PCIE
Video Card Driver: NForce 1.85.85
Sound Card: on board (realtek)
Sound Card AC3: SPDIF Optical out
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: FloppyDTV C
1. TV Card
1. TV Card Driver: Integrated Driver v4.5.N
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video/SP decoder (PowerDVD9)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA+AC3 filter for postprocessing
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Cablecom
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: MCE remote
TV: Sony Bravia
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I noticed the same problem after switching from 1.0.0.0 to 1.0.0.2. Interlacing was perfect before upgrading. Now i have a really bad and jaggy picture on most SD Channels. HD Channels are fine. I am using a Nvidia 7600GT and Powerdvd for Mpg, and Coravc for h264.

Mister Bean

Portal Pro
June 30, 2008
Lelystad
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello Trylok,

I get slowly the feeling that there are serious issues with MP1.0.2. in combination with several hardware (mainly graphics cards). I never had deinterlacing problems or stuttering with MP1.0

But . . . . I'vw found a workaround.

I now use the PureVideo MPEG2 decoders from Nvidia (on a ATI graphics card!), DXVA is working wonderfull and deinterlacing too (on DVB-S and DVD as well). But, there's now one new (small) problem. The german TV broadcasters Pro7, SAT 1 and N24 (Prosiebensat) are stuttering sometimes. It seems like these stuttering occurs when the content of the TV picture dramatically changes. I can live with it, because I never watch these TV stations. And it's a known issue (see the bugtracker). Strange thing is that there are no stuttering occurs on Prosiebensat when I use the Cyberlink MPEG2 decoders.

With other applications (PowerDVD player, DVBviewer) I have and never had deinterlacing/stuttering issues. That's the reason I'm almost convinced that there are serious issues with MP1.0.2. The picture quality of MP is too much depending on:
- Used decoders;
- Used drivers;
- Used (graphics) hardware;
- Etc.

This result is an almost endless loop of trial and error activities.

Regards,
Nico

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I noticed the same problem after switching from 1.0.0.0 to 1.0.0.2. Interlacing was perfect before upgrading. Now i have a really bad and jaggy picture on most SD Channels. HD Channels are fine. I am using a Nvidia 7600GT and Powerdvd for Mpg, and Coravc for h264.
    Yeah... we've been discussing the interlace issue with tourettes on the1080i-material-not-deinterlacing-under-1-0-1-0 thread.

I think the issue on this thread is with the ATi CCC and how it's changing the DXVA...

trylok

Portal Member
    March 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    It has something to do with -- they changed how they write the display -- now using TEXTURES, in the Versions 1.0.0.1 and upwards. No matter what Hardware i use (i tried ATI / NVIDIA), and how powerfull the System is, i get on all my machines the same crappy picture on SD channels. I try to do some Screenshots for better understanding.
    What i figured out is, when you turn of DXVA in Powerdvd and disable the "Use nonsquare mixing for scaling" in the "Video Renderer Settings" of MP, then you get almost a god picture again. But turning off DXVA is no option in my eyes.

Mister Bean

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Lelystad
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello,

Can anyone explain to me what is changed in MP1.0.1/1.0.2? I experience (only in MP!!) a lot of trouble with deinterlacing an stuttering on some channels (mainly SD content).

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Nico

ichessblumen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    similar here, but on HD 1080i channels ( Sky Discovery HD, Sky Sport HD, Sky Cinema HD and Anixe HD). really, it looks like stop-motion movie . recordings from these channels show the same behaviour.

just my 2 cents...wish the devs would rollback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom