delay to load my videos with shared network folders (1 Viewer)

tuputamadre

Portal Member
August 13, 2008
hi, i have added some shared folders to my videos from a lan pc, and theres a noticeable delay when i click my videos menu .
is it possible to group the networked folders in mp so it wont check those folders when i go to my movies?
i tried linking directly to the network on documents&settings/mylogname but when i try that i can acces the folder on my videos but it wont go to the shared folders.

is it possible that mp doesnt check the shared folders every time?

thanks.

mdbarber

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
try mapping the folder as a drive and setting sharepoint there, you can then set the windows logon to reconnect to shared drives at logon, slows boot a little tho

tuputamadre

Portal Member
August 13, 2008
i only get the delay when the other pc is off, mp tries to recconect to that pc everytime i navigate to the my videos menu, so trying to reconnect at logon doesnt help.

i opted for deleting the shared folders in mp, since i access those files seldom.

thanks tho.

mdbarber

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Home Country
ah i think i see what you mean now, will creating a shortcut to the sharepoint and placing it in the vids folder work?

tuputamadre

Portal Member
August 13, 2008
i dont know what a sharepoint is. u mean a shared folder?
if you crate a shorcut and then try to browse it it wont work because my vids will display vids only and folders.
did you read my first post?

mdbarber

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Home Country
yeah i did read your first post but it really isn't that clear because it is something that is not occuring on my systems, even the xp64 one which isn't officaily supported.
I suspect it is you who is last accessing the shared folder watching a video and have mp set to go to "last used folder" when u next enter "videos"
my systems automatically enter the local "My videos" folder when i enter that page from the start up screen.
In MP config, uncheck the box to remember last used folder

PS, it's not sensible to be sarcastic when someone is trying to help, especially on here where language barriers may make someone (even a genius) appear a bit slow.

Sharepoint=any shared resource ie folder or drive or shortcut to shared resource.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom