Delay when starting track (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am running MP1.1 latest SVN with alpha 2 plugin through my Asus Xonar HDAV.

Not sure where the problem lies but when starting a track there is around a 5 second delay (oddly the timer often goes 1,2,3,5 mising out 4....) then audio playback starts.

I have turned off fade in / out incase it was that

A couple of seconds I could probably live with but 5 is too long. I was using the plugin with MP1.2 and I don't recall having any delay issues then so this is a new thing in the alpha ??

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    you can try setting all kinds of buffers lower and try disable "always use maximum buffer" or something. It worked with me in the past. Now, the plugin isnt working at all for some reason... but thats a different issue.
    Good luck

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I am running MP1.1 latest SVN with alpha 2 plugin through my Asus Xonar HDAV.

Not sure where the problem lies but when starting a track there is around a 5 second delay (oddly the timer often goes 1,2,3,5 mising out 4....) then audio playback starts.

I have turned off fade in / out incase it was that

A couple of seconds I could probably live with but 5 is too long. I was using the plugin with MP1.2 and I don't recall having any delay issues then so this is a new thing in the alpha ??

Weird... It does so with all tracks, or just some? If you could provide me with debuglevel logfiles i might be able to figure it out.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Weird... It does so with all tracks, or just some? If you could provide me with debuglevel logfiles i might be able to figure it out.
    All tracks, but edterbak's idea about disabling the "always use maximum buffer" option solved it.

Not sure what the impact of doing this is? If there is an issue let me know what I can do to help.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The "always use maximum buffer" setting forces the asio device to create playback buffers with the maximum size that the device claims it can support. When this setting is off it uses the "preferred" size. Usually the setting that you make though the devices configuration.

Maybe your device is reporting an insane large maximum size, making the driver claim a lot of memory. However this does not explain why older versions of the plugin do not have the problem.

This is just a guess though. I need the logfiles to be able to investigate it further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom